Diving in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Image409.jpg

KBH is one of the original Ka'anapali resort hotels. It is located between the Sheraton Black Rock and the Ka'anapali Whaler's condo towers.

You folks are using the internet aren't you? Ever heard of internet search? :confused:

The red flag in caymaniac's picture quoted above is the KBH's red flag, and the 3 story hotel wing right behind the red flag is the north wing of KBH.

Last I knew, Trillogy runs the beach activities for that resort. It is possible that if a KBH guest were to contact the concierge at KBH, better questions could then be asked on SB.

KBH web site:
Contact our Guest Services for more information (808) 667-0161

Thanks Folks. I was actually thinking a boat charter with Maui scuba Centre and a shore dive with Tiny Bubbles.

Just like the FACT that Scuba Shack, Kihei's 4th best dive shop, in a 4 dive shop town, is Scuba Diving Magazine's "Best Dive Operator of the Pacific Ocean" nearly every year, so too is Maui Diving Scuba Center, Lahaina's 4th or 5th best dive shop, in a 4 or 5 dive shop town, claiming to be the 2010 "Best of Lahaina" (for commercial divers???).

mauidiving.com:
WASHINGTON D.C., June 8, 2010 -- Maui Diving Scuba Center has been selected for the 2010 Best of Lahaina Award in the Commercial Divers category by the U.S. Commerce Association (USCA)

Who the hell is the USCA and what have they got to do with commercial diving. :confused:

Perhaps it means that Maui Diving Scuba Center is responsible for more Black Coral destruction and profiteering than anyone else. :idk:

There are 3 dive boat operators on the Lahaina side; if you book with someone other than those boat operators for a Lahaina side boat dive, you will still be on one of those 3 operator's boats but you will most likely be paying more than most of the other people on the dive boat. :shakehead:

If you book 3 "tours" with Extended Horizons, which also conducts Lahaina side shore dives, you may get a package discount.

Last edited:
halemanō;5864047:
KBH is one of the original Ka'anapali resort hotels. It is located between the Sheraton Black Rock and the Ka'anapali Whaler's condo towers.

You folks are using the internet aren't you? Ever heard of internet search? :confused:.

Yes, I did, see my correction? Ever heard of scubaboard? :tongue2:

halemanō;5864047:
Last I knew, Trillogy runs the beach activities for that resort. It is possible that if a KBH guest were to contact the concierge at KBH, better questions could then be asked on SB.

Trillogy runs a great program. A litle bit more expensive, but well worth it. :thumb:

I did a 2 tank dive at Molokini with B&B out of Kihei, and was quite impressed. (even though we couldn't do the back wall due to heavy surge.) I whined but Rae only offered cheese.:D
There were a couple of referral students, 2 or 3 fairly new divers and 3 more experienced/photog type divers. After a good predive briefing, they sent each set with a DM/instructor. We were able to dive our own profiles, no babysitting, but Dave kept his eye on us and pointed out all kinds of critters. They also provided a very nice morning lunch after our first dive. (we boarded at 5:45 AM).
Many thanx to Doug for pointing the correct way to Dave, my intrepid guide, Stan, and Rae, the boat's lovely captain.
I for one was very pleased and would dive with B&B any time

Aloha - Tiny Bubbles Scuba which used to be at the Ka'anapali Beach Club is now "mobile" ... Still offering all the services it did at the KBC resort, but now TBS offers PRIVATE dives with shuttle service provide to/fro the many dive sites on west Maui. Also, still diving at the Ka'anapali Beach Club dive site ...

For my two cents, I suggest you do a mix of shore dives and some boat dives. When I was in Maui for the first time in March, I did a shore dive with Tiny Bubbles where we had to walk all of 100 yards from our condo to meet Tim next to the beach, some boat dives out of Lahaina (5-10 minutes down the road from Ka'anapali) with Extended Horizons, and one boat dive out of Kihei with Ed Robinson to go to Molokini. In terms of the dive sites, I'd put Molokini first (I did the Adventure-X where we did a drift around the side), Lanai with Extended Horizons a close second, and shore dives third - but all good.

The shore dive we did with Tim was super easy and shallow. If you wanted to see if your wife was willing to try Discover Scuba, Tim is your man. My wife is an infrequent and not very confident diver, and Tim was great with her with our pre-dive briefing and with frequent checks to see that she was OK. Of course Shaka Doug gets a lot of very positive reviews here too; he's based down in Kihei which is a bit of a hike from Ka'anapali.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom