Diving in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaysui

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi folks,

I'm new to Scubaboard and I have been diving for only two years. I am having a difficult time trying to find a dive operator that I will like in Maui. I am going June 27th with my wife who doesn't scuba dive, but will snorkel while I dive.

I have looked at websites and am staying at Kaanapali beach Hotel. I am wondering what company we should go with for a good two dives/snorkel. We looked at Maui Dive Shop, Maui scuba centre and Tiny Bubbles.

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thanks

Especially since you're staying at the Ka'anapali beach hotel, would go with Tim at Tiny Bubbles. He's in that area and is very good to dive with. I dove with him last year and was very happy.

. . .go with Tim at Tiny Bubbles. He's in that area and is very good to dive with. I dove with him last year and was very happy.

I've been diving with Tim a number of times and absolutely love him and Maui diving!

Aloha

Thanks Folks. I was actually thinking a boat charter with Maui scuba Centre and a shore dive with Tiny Bubbles.

Great help!

Appreciate your responses.

Tim from Tiny Bubbles is great. You might also look into some boat dives with Extended Horizons or Lahaina Divers - just down the road.

Kaanapali Beach, notice Black Rock in in the background:
Image467.jpg

Image409.jpg

Turtles are prevalent
File0309.jpg

Racoon Buterflies
File0312.jpg

Those photos are south of the Sheridan hotel. I thought the Ka'anapali Beach Hotel is north of there past the sewage treatment plant. (correction, it is not, it is right on the beach south of Black Rock which is also an excellant dive spot).

There is good diving off the beach in front of the Ka'anapali Beach Club (KBC). Tiny Bubbles use to be located at the Beach Club up until about a month ago. Anyway, there is a sand channel right off the KBC that goes out between the reef in about 20 feet of water to 35 feet on the outside of the reef. It's good snorkeling in teh channel because the waves don't break there and the turtles hang out in the crevices of the reef. Entry is down a easy sloped sand spit into the channel.

Only thing to be aware of is that the channel has a good rip current if the surf is up. Check with the beach cabana about conditions before entry.

If you need tanks, weight, etc. There is a Maui Dive Shop up the road in Kahana behind the bank and the McDonalds. The shop across the street from the KBC does not have scuba rentals, just snorkel gear.

Last edited:
. (correction, it is not, it is right on the beach south of Black Rock which is also an excellant dive spot).

There is good diving off the beach in front of the Ka'anapali Beach Club (KBC). Tiny Bubbles use to be located at the Beach Club up until about a month ago.

You are correct in that this is the south side of Black Rock (great snorkeling).

Tiny Bubbles is now gone? That's too bad now you'll have to hoof tanks down if you want to dive that spot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom