Diving in Late april

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AceszHigh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am headed to Bangkok for two weeks in April. I want to go somewhere and dive for 2 or 3 days. What is the best diving in Thailand? Clear visibility, big marine life, etc. I have read a little bit about koh tao and Phuket, but I have also read that both areas can be too crowded. What do you all recommend?

The Andaman Sea offers the best diving year round in terms of quality of the corals and diversity of marine life. Visibility is much more hit and miss though.

Check out Phuket, Ao Nang (Krabi), Phi Phi, Koh Lanta and in April also Khao Lak is still an option.

Are the similian Islands closed this time of year?

Hi there,

I have a similar dilemma. Will be in Thailand mid April for 2 weeks and looking to dive somewhere not overcrowded but at the same time not completely deserted either (or family packages places etc). So ideally a chilled out backpacker place with good diving. I've been reading lots of threads on this forum, was thinking perhaps Ko Lanta would be a good option and dive from there: Phi Phi, Hin Muang, Hin Daeng etc... I might have about 10 days in total to dive.
What are your thoughts?

Cheers!

Aonang Bach in Krabi is nice and mostly quiet. Especially compared to some of the other areas to stay. close to diving spots. ONe of my favorite spots in Thailand

Thanks Daz! It does seem to be much higher up than Ko lanta though,is it still possible to go to Hin Muang and Daeng from there,do u know?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if they have day trips to Hin Muang and Daeng from Aonang Beach. Your best bet would be to contact the dive opts in the area and ask them. You'd have to find one that uses speed boats if you wanted to made a day trip out of it. Koh Phiphi is only about 45 minutes on the speed boats, but about 2-2 1/2 hours on the big dive boats. (from Aonang Beach in Krabi)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom