Diving in Lake Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all I am new. I have been diving for a few months now at Lake Travis, and I was looking to try something new in Austin.

Have any of you been diving in Lake Austin near the 360 or Mopac bridges? The 360 bridge seems to have good access. Anyone know avg. depth and other such factors in this water?

I assumed it wouldn't be a good vis dive, but I am not looking for a great vis dive. I have heard lots of stuff gets dumped off the bridge, and it would be neat to see what is there.

If it is deep enough(>30ft) boats are of little concern. Also, dive flags on floats!

I have heard lots of stuff gets dumped off the bridge, and it would be neat to see what is there.

yea, i tried to throw my former mother-in-law off that bridge once. she was to heavy for me to lift over the side though. key word is former.

like Ianr33 said, probably best to stick to lake travis.

Yeah. That particular spot is bad. The Texas State Police Dive Team regularly recovers all sorts of weird, disgusting, or simply otherwise offensive stuff from that location. Apparently, it's a popular spot for criminal types to dispose of, hmm, hmm, evidence.

Yeah. That particular spot is bad. The Texas State Police Dive Team regularly recovers all sorts of weird, disgusting, or simply otherwise offensive stuff from that location. Apparently, it's a popular spot for criminal types to dispose of, hmm, hmm, evidence.

And just how would you know....:eyebrow:

I have dove above the 360 bridge. Vis is zero and it is REALLY cold water. Also, yes, there are alot of boaters and, no, they do not know what a dive flag signifies. And don't forget about the crocadiles, or are they alligators, that live up the lake somewhere between the 360 bridge and Mansfield.

Back
Top Bottom