Diving in La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can also look at my thread about the diving in La Paz and surroundings:

Great diving with Baja Aventuras in La Paz Mexico!!

Maybe you will find some extra info there!

Thanks to everyone for the info and promtness of replies. I now have a MUCH better idea as to what we will do. As always will post a post-trip report. DD

Ouch! I was just looking at your other threads and posts Raya, and they all have a negative undertone... or they are just rude about other people!
so maybe it's not the other people or dive centers, but just your look at it?

Whaleshark83 first up welcome to scubaboard! You'll find lots of interesting and useful info on here and it's great also for organising trips..

Thanks for spending the time reading my 294 posts! I am keen to ask you though, where are the posts that I have 'written' being rude to others? This is the absolute first time I've heard of this, and normally on scubaboard the board admin are very hot on the tails of rudeness...

I personally don't tolerate rudeness myself, so am very keen to be pointed in the direction of any post that came from me that leads you to believe it was me being rude...

Am also very pleased that you had a successful time with baja aventuras, just out of curiosity when did you go? Lets hope that my posts have been listened to and they are now providing a safe service for their customers.

Thanx and happy diving

A buddy and I are headed down to Baja for the last week in October. I am planning it out now and trying to make sense of all the disparate comments. Acouple of questions for anyone who knows: I understand that Cabo Pulmo is between Cabo and LaPaz. Since the current plan is to dive out of both towns-a few days at each-is it practical/reasonable to plan on driving up to Cabo Pulmo from Cabo early one day, diving with a local shop, and then continue by car up to LaPaz. If this is doable, any suggestions for a LDS at C.P?
Next, in relationship to Cabo and LaPaz, where is Gordo Banks?
Finally, is there any preferences between the two Cabos towns? Particularly in terms of hotels, night life and most importantly nearby diving?
Appreciate all comments
DD:confused:

I plan to head to La Paz the end of Oct as well. I'd be interested to know your plans. I have been looking at flying in to Cabo and driving to La Paz. Accomodations I am considering is Club Cantamar.

I plan to head to La Paz the end of Oct as well. I'd be interested to know your plans. I have been looking at flying in to Cabo and driving to La Paz. Accomodations I am considering is Club Cantamar.

Mexicana has a direct filght from LA to La Paz which may be more convenient.
Fernando Senior (of Cantamar) used to try to talk me into coming in October; his point is: the mating season is over, and the sharks are HUNGRY! You're gonna have a great time!

Hi Divers.Cabo Pulmo is a two hour drive by car from Cabo san lucas.the last 10 miles is a dirt road so a Jeep Pickup or a large sized van would be best keep in mind that rental cars are not insured to go this last 10 miles the rental agencys will tell you this and also have maps where your insurance will not cover anything this will be any where that there are no paved roads.
AS FAR

Hi Divers.Cabo Pulmo is a two hour drive by car from Cabo san lucas the last 10 miles is a dirt road so a Jeep, Pickup or a large sized van would be best keep in mind that rental cars are not insured to go this last 10 miles the rental agencys will tell you this and also have maps where your insurance will not cover anything this will be any where off the paved roads.
As far as Driving after Diving at cabo pulmo keep in mind that you will up at 6.00 am to make the morning boat then after two dives and the lunch provided by most shops that leave from Cabo San Lucas its going to be about 2 or 3pm.Then the Drive to La Paz down a winding Donky,goat,Cow and not so good local Drivers filled road.well you get the idea.
If you have a lot of extra energy this might be OK. But I would Stay in Cabo Dive with a local shop and leave the Driving, auto liabilitys and all the risks to the professionals.Then Drive to La Paz the next Day.
Gordo Banks is about an 45 min boat ride from Cabo I also Dive this with a local shop in cabo Called Baja Dive.The Dive spots such as the Sand Falls Neptunes Finger,And the three wall Dives all All just 5 Minutes from the marina.
There are hotels that are quite and dont cost to much about $65.00 a night.Mar De Cortez,Cabo Inn,Siesta Sutes to name a few.
Cabo San Lucas is the Place to go for night life and the Hotels listed above are within walking Distance of all the Cabo hotspots so you wont worry about a D.U.I.
Baja Dives web site is www.scubadivingcabosanlucas.net or email cooldiver2@yahoo.com they are one of the oldest shops there and always provide fun,great,safe, service.
P.S. DONT CONFUSE Baja Dive with a place called Baja Dive Center they are not the same.

Last edited:
SDU:
Do you know the drive time from Cabo Pulmo to LaPaz. Is it possible to do the afternoon dive (2PM) at C.P. and still get to LaPaz before sundown?
Thanks, DD

Back
Top Bottom