Diving in La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL.......... 'best price in town'. I guess you know nothing about Mexican culture. They always say that about everything, 'we have the best .......' you just fill in the service/item/anything under the sun. It is purely cultural, not to be taken as fact. Like the phrase "manana", to us it means tomorrow, to most Mexicans it means sometime in the future!

robin:D

I second Club Cantamar. I don't know about now, I went there 7 or 8 times, or more, between 1990 and 2000. Before they built the resort, it was called Baja Diving & Services, operating from the city center. Fernando Aguilar was running the place, and his service was beyond reproach; I heard his son has taken over. Now that my own kids are certified, we're planning on returning there.

Does anybody have any fresh news about Club Cantamar?

Raya, Thanks for the heads up. I'm planning a trip to La Paz, Sept-Oct, this year for a chance to see whale sharks. I don't think I'll be using this dive operator.
For a quick trip to Los Cabos, you could had dove Gordes Banks & most likely saw about 200 Hammerheads...

LOL.......... 'best price in town'. I guess you know nothing about Mexican culture. They always say that about everything, 'we have the best .......' you just fill in the service/item/anything under the sun. It is purely cultural, not to be taken as fact. Like the phrase "manana", to us it means tomorrow, to most Mexicans it means sometime in the future!

robin:D

Point taken, but this center is run by a european! Next time will go with a mexican run center.:)

For a quick trip to Los Cabos, you could had dove Gordes Banks & most likely saw about 200 Hammerheads...

Would that be "Gordo Banks," CaboJim, or is this a Baja site with which I'm not familiar?

Thanks,

DocVikingo

200 hammerheads!!! wow!!! Amazing!

That is a rare event at Gordo Banks. For regular sightings of large schools of hammerheads, Wolf/Darwin Islands in the Galapagos is your best bet.

Regards,

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom