Diving in Koh Lanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Going for a few days to Koh Lanta and hope to do some diving there - I heard good things about Lantadivers.
Anyone been there and have advice on dive sites / shops / upmarket places to stay?

Well Christian, we may see each other as I'll be there from Feb 28th til March 3rd. And yes Hin Daeng / Hin Muang are great: I dived there from a live aboard last year.
Would you know how long it takes to get there from Lanta ?

Yep, we might see each other. We'll arrive in Phuket on the 2nd and to Lanta on the 3rd.

I don't know exactly how long it takes, but I guess it's at least a couple of hours with a normal diveboat. There are speedboats going out as well which should cut travel time quite a lot, but not from Lanta Divers. They are also very weather dependent.

cheers

/c

I stayed on Koh Lanta for several days about two years ago. It was quite relaxing since I was out of the town and had a bungalow right on the beach for $6/night. However, I only snorkeled while there saving my SCUBA diving for the two weeks I was on Koh Phi Phi.

Koh Lanta really seemed comfortable to me and a good respite from the craziness of Bangkok a week before.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom