Diving in Kigston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdiver5by5:
So their equipment is better then other dive stores?
Yes their equipment choices are better than at least 95% of dive stores out there in my opinion.

Much better.

If you would like a list of shops which are stamped and approved by me please let me know since it's obvious you are not afraid to ask questions and I'd love to see you become an improved consumer deepdiver5by5. Bravo for admitting you weren't sure if they were better and just going on ahead and asking.

:D

So they carry a wide selection of wholesalers (Aqualung, ScubaPro, OMS etc.....)? Not concerned about stock, just they can get it.
I would love to hear what is stamped and approved by you, divestores only please.
deepdiver5by5

We would love to see you remove the chip from your shoulder regarding the Kingston boys. You have nothing worthwhile to offer. And everybody sees you for what you really are. I find your posts rather offensive. Your taking a run a the NTD boys because lic2kil posts them a compliment.

Give it a break.

deepdiver5by5:
So they carry a wide selection of wholesalers (Aqualung, ScubaPro, OMS etc.....)? Not concerned about stock, just they can get it.
I would love to hear what is stamped and approved by you, divestores only please.
deepdiver5by5

Lic2kil:
oh oh oh please tell me where and what dive shop maybe I can get a better deal
Do your own research. Like D33ps1x and others, I have found a shop that while they may not be the cheapest on the block, I get what I pay for - quality and personal service.

You want cheap, go online and buy stuff off Ebay. Then don't come crying to the Board when it doesn't meet your expectations.

It's because of consumers like you - who only ever see the 'bottom line' and don't care about much else - that so many dive shops go under..............

Lic2kil:
and I finally I understand DIR .......Doing it Rutledge .....

Uhmmmm, I ain't even touching that one :) hehehehe

I got that warm fuzzy feeling when I was there too. TomR helped us out of a jamb a few weeks ago, and saved a weekend of diving for one of our club members.

I gotta say, I get that feeling from Dan Humble as well. If a guy can poke fun at my poor gas blending skills (OK I was in a rush...) all day long, and at the end of the day I still like the guy....well, that's a great person.

FWIW: Speaking of Leisure Pro and all that........down our way, AdventureScuba(.ca), I have found, to have their pricing VERY close to Leisure Pro on any item that I have ever required. Close enough that I'd support them over saving 20-40 bucks on a $600-$700 purchase.

There was not any intent on bashing NTD at all. A statement was made "Yes their equipment choices are better than at least 95% of dive stores out there in my opinion" I just am curious what makes their equipment choices better then all the other (95%) divestores out there?
This was started with a compliment to the staff of NTD and it was probably well deserved. My point is that any dive store with the intension of staying in business will tell or recommend or advise a potential buyer what to buy and I bet they sell it. "thanks for telling me what to buy"
James P there is not any need to bash NTD because from what I have heard they are doing a goood service to the diving community as a whole.
Oh as you put it "Give it a break." don't think everyone is out to bash your DIR friends or store we are not.
deepdiver5by5

deepdiver5by5:
There was not any intent on bashing NTD at all. A statement was made "Yes their equipment choices are better than at least 95% of dive stores out there in my opinion" I just am curious what makes their equipment choices better then all the other (95%) divestores out there?

deepdiver5by5

This didn't start with my smartassed comment. It started with yours. Don't deflect things. It's lame.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=677653&postcount=2

deepdiver5by5:
deepdiver5by5

I believe I said they stock the equipment which is best in my opinion. In my opinion...

Again I applaud you for having the courage to admit you need a better place to shop and ask me for advice. You are da man dude. Yes I will tell you right now that the only places I would now shop for underwater life support equipment in Ontario is at any of the three Dan's shops.

Dan Mandziuk - What can I say? Dan's Dive Shop, www.dansdiveshop.ca , in St Catherines has been around forever and is nothing short of a diving institution. They keep a well stocked technical and recreational diving shop that caters both to the warm water vacationer and the cold water hardcore enthusiast. The staff is friendly and knowledgeble and they sell all manner of useful diving gear most of which I now own at least once. :D

Dan MacKay - If I am in Kingston I like to shop exclusively at www.northerntechdiver.com and deal with all the wonderful staff there. Tom and Dan are good, honest, no bs shop owners who come through in the crunch every time and you always know where you stand with them. They keep a store stocked with excellent diving kit and personel.

Dan Humble - Don't know Dan too well but enough to say a friendly hello and he's got a well stocked store and when I am WAYYYY up there past Kingston this is a great place to stop in for your diving needs. www.divetech.ca If you are up in Brockville diving this is an excellent choice.

Between these three shops they cover the entire scope of diving in Ontario from Southern Lake Ontario and Erie all the way up the St Lawerence.

STAMP!!!

well I think there are lots of great dive shops in Eastern Ontario including of course NTD for a number of things not just service, customer satisfaction and price.
I am not sure why everything has to focus around D.I.R. but last time I checked you can order and buy lots of that kind of stuff at many different shops around here. (I can think of at least 5)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom