Diving in Jupiter today was like..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jibeho

Contributor
Reaction score
The old days in the Pennsylvania quarries. Just a few degrees warmer. Scar Face and Bluffs, both 66 below and 72 above 65 feet. Visibility was 12 feet or less being optimistic. :shakehead

Jibeho:
The old days in the Pennsylvania quarries. Just a few degrees warmer. Scar Face and Bluffs, both 66 below and 72 above 65 feet. Visibility was 12 feet or less being optimistic. :shakehead

Sounds like a pretty dismal dive... Did you go on Michael's trip?

Scuba_Dad:
Sounds like a pretty dismal dive... Did you go on Michael's trip?

Yup, I just pity the poor folks lining up for the afternoon trip.

It was a bit better in Boynton on Saturday, 72 degrees at 88 feet, viz of 20 feet max. Reminded me of my California days! Am I just a sicko cuz I had a blast??? lol

HilaryRN71:
It was a bit better in Boynton on Saturday, 72 degrees at 88 feet, viz of 20 feet max. Reminded me of my California days! Am I just a sicko cuz I had a blast??? lol
friday afternoon in boynton was AWFUL!
i dunno what's going on with the vis down south
the vis was 10-15 ft on the budweiser and maybe a little better on the second reef dive

LiteHedded:
friday afternoon in boynton was AWFUL!
i dunno what's going on with the vis down south
the vis was 10-15 ft on the budweiser and maybe a little better on the second reef dive
Yeah the Budweiser was where I was on Saturday. It was a little better than 10-15 ft. Maybe it's moving in the right direction. It was fun tho! Like a night dive...only during the day!

Jupiter Report:

Morning dive with Jupiter Dive Center with the Down Under Dive Club

First Site: Scar Face
Seas: 2 Ft. - 4 Ft. (NOAA was right this time)
Visibility: 0 Ft. on ledge, some found 10 Ft on top
Temp: Low 60's
Aborted dive 3 minutes into dive

During surface interval Capt. Mike dropped divemaster onto several reefs looking for visibility. None found.

I felt sorry for the divers going out for the afternoon dive. Felt the dive operation picked their pockets going out in such conditions.

I looked around for other dive charters out there. The only other one out there that I could see was Sub-Sea aquatics. Didn't see Capt. Paul and the Temptation

HilaryRN71:
Yeah the Budweiser was where I was on Saturday. It was a little better than 10-15 ft. Maybe it's moving in the right direction. It was fun tho! Like a night dive...only during the day!

I had a blast.
BIG jewfish and a school of some kind of BIG fishies off in the murk
seems like more life when it's murky

Saturday in West Palm Beach was awful. Water temp was 63 at 60 feet, and 72 at 35 feet with 20 ft. vis. Sunday was bad too, but conditions changed: South current, water temp up to 78 everywhere, but vis was down to 10 ft.
I hope this week gets better.
DMdoogie

Doesn't seem like it can go anywhere but up! Divers that did a deep dive off of Deerfield this weekend said it was 55 degrees at 220 ft. Brrrr!!!! I knew there was a reason I didn't go that deep... :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom