Diving in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out www.divealor.com great diving but a tad expensive. There is a fairly new liveaboard doing the Raja Empat area, I've heard one very good report www.komodoalordive.com (I dove out of the land based Irian Diving a few years back, it seems they have been having some problems lately but I can say the diving in the Raja Empats is very good)! You have probably heard of Wakatobi www.wakatobi.com which caters to macro photographers - it has excellent diving and with it's great house reef, you can get in 5 dives a day (they offer 3 boat dives a day)! There are also a number of dive operators out of Manado and Bunaken Is. as well as one I can recommend on Lembeh Is. http://gb.diving-on-sulawesi.com/gb/ PNG has always been one of my favourites, however, it's expensive to get around and the topside life is much different. I ended up doing a trip down the Sepic River and spend some time in the highlands where I caught an absolutely unique cultural show!
Good luck!!

Nicolas,

If Bali is where you end up, check out the possibility of coming to visit East Timor. The reefs here are in great shape ; they were not bombed as much as I hear the neighboring islands were. You have 25+ shore sites within a 45 minute drive from the capital and tanks are only $10 a fill. If you stay a while you can get the 20 tanks for $150 deal.

Two operators run dive boats out to Atauro island which has great wall diving highlighted by visiting pelagics like tuna, giant trevally, and mackerel.

Our dive club organizes at least one dawn dive, one night dive and two day dives per week so you won't be short any dive buddies, if you come.

Hope to see you here.

Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom