Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I encourage any discussion, especially from a trip report, that brings Guanaja to light. I believe it’s the “next big thing”.

The most common underlying question is in regards to “getting from here to there”, followed by the subliminal: do they have a reliable supply line from the “third world” to Guanaja?

It’s an adventure. I’ve been there only times over many years. (versus 45 trips to Roatan)

Guanaja has yet to bear and suffer the real cause of reef degradation...topsoil disturbance due to land development.

Go now, it’s only a matter of time.

I encourage any discussion, especially from a trip report, that brings Guanaja to light. I believe it’s the “next big thing”.

The most common underlying question is in regards to “getting from here to there”, followed by the subliminal: do they have a reliable supply line from the “third world” to Guanaja?

It’s an adventure. I’ve been there only times over many years. (versus 45 trips to Roatan)

Guanaja has yet to bear and suffer the real cause of reef degradation...topsoil disturbance due to land development.

Go now, it’s only a matter of time.

In that spirit, here is a review from some close friends of mine, who I think can be trusted to share an objective opinion. It is their review of a trip to Guanaja and they are planning a return trip: https://www.atabardivers.com/clearwater

"Hurricane Mitch"?

(Scratching my head in confusion)

yeah - hurricane Mitch was 1998, review looks like 2016? So not quite "on the heels"

"Hurricane Mitch"?

(Scratching my head in confusion)
Good catch-- That must be a typo of some sort or a confusion with some other hurricane that came through in 2016. I will actually be seeing the author of this review tomorrow and get some clarification.

yeah - hurricane Mitch was 1998, review looks like 2016? So not quite "on the heels"
Good catch-- That must be a typo of some sort or a confusion with some other hurricane that came through in 2016. I will actually be seeing the author of this review tomorrow and get some clarification.

Maybe Mathew?

Mitch was "The Big One". I think pretty much wiped out tourism to Guanaja for years.

I remember Mitch well. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom