Diving in greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learnt to dive in Greece - Zakynthos (aka Zante). If you want any info on it go to http://www.justzante.co.uk. You'll be able to find out almost anything!

I leant with St Nicks Diving School - it was my open water but I still got 1-1 tution!

Wherever you end up, hope you have a great trip.

dezibel:
My girlfriend and i are going to Greece for an island hopping vacation this august, the islands we are going to visit is Santorini/thira, ios, paros,antiparos + + , does anyone have any tips for me about where to go to rent equipment and where to dive? Also, how much doest it cost to rent full equipment for a day of diving?
Also if u have any islands in this region to recomend please feel free to do so to.

Tnx

Dezibel
Norway =-)
hi,
if you come to santorini visit the mediterranean dive club
the web site is www.santorinidiving.com
and the e-mail mdc@otenet.gr
they are really profetionals and you will join the dive with them
best regards
olga

olgapozidou:
hi,
if you come to santorini visit the mediterranean dive club
the web site is www.santorinidiving.com
and the e-mail mdc@otenet.gr
they are really profetionals and you will join the dive with them
best regards
olga

I know that this a really old thread but I have to say this:
Olga, it's not a bad thing to promote your own diving center, but it's more decent to say it directly and not to recommend it as if you were a customer of it.

Anyway, the Mediterranean Dive Club is a real good dive center and the dive-sites are beautifull. I highly recommend it myself.
The accommodation and food in Santorini is offcourse a bit pricy, especially in high season (Jully, August).

Hi everybody,

My 11yo daughter will go to Paleokastritsa in Corfu and we plan for her some diving, probably a beginner course. After some net surfing/diving my pick is korfudiving.com. Any comment or better ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

RemoteDiver:
Hi everybody,

My 11yo daughter will go to Paleokastritsa in Corfu and we plan for her some diving, probably a beginner course. After some net surfing/diving my pick is korfudiving.com. Any comment or better ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Hi There,

may be I'm a bit too late and your daughter is already back, but anyway the information may be useful to other divers.

1. KORFU DIVING Rolf Weyler
All my friends say that is a very good choice (unfortunately all web-site info is in German the English version is under construction).
This is a historical dive center, the first ever opened in Greece and some people say that it was the first ever opened in Europe !
The dive shop contains also a museum with a lot of old traditional dive equipment.
You can check a site of a friend of mine, with photos from the dives and the museum on this dive-center:
http://ppetross21.blogspot.com/2007/08/2007.html
(sorry, the text is in Greek).

2. Achilleon diving center at Paleokastritsa
This is also a good choice regarding prices, services and dive-spots.

Both dive-centers provide junior lesson and actually, I'm surprised that both have very reasonable prices (30 euros/dive and going down when you perform multiple dives) while in other Greek dive-centers - especially when they are located in very touristic/expensive areas - you can pay about 40 or even 50 euros per dive.

As a local Greek diver, I beg you: Refuse to dive with this extra-expensive dive-centers. This way, they will be forced to reduce their prices to a normal level of 20-25 euros/dive and this is a benefit both for you (a visitor) and for us (the local divers).

I hope this information will be useful to somebody (may be next summer :wink: )
Happy Diving :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom