Diving in france

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait Duboisp, after all your talk about types of physicians approved by FFESM, you are now saying that dive centres in France can accept a medical from foreign practicians. Either someone's confused or you're a big troll!
read again #6
or, as you wrote it at #16, you have a problem of logic.

the French Federation doesn't do the regulation.

I can provide forms of other organizations without the words "French Underwater Federation"
That are only templates.

Another question please. Are the tanks supplied in France DIN or yoke?

Thanks!

To clear up the issue on medical certificates a little bit as there is a whole load of confusion and some assertions that are just plain wrong....I have been working as a PADI dive professional in the South of France for ten years now, also have the obligatory French govt instructor qualification, the Brevet d'Etat.

Some operators will insist on a medical even for fun dives, but it is NOT a legal requirement. It is part of the FFESSM regulations. We do not insist on a medical for fun diving particularly given that many examinations involve a Doctor lightening your wallet to the tune of around €25 for a cursory inspection. We do insist on a medical certificate for all training courses. Obviously if any diver has the slightest concern over their fitness to dive it is the responsible thing to do to go and get yourself checked out by a good diving doctor.

---------- Post added August 5th, 2013 at 09:30 PM ----------

and for Peter C....you will normally find that French tanks are both, with the removal of an insert with an allen key enabling conversion from yoke to DIN...

I think scubaa172 has helped to clear up the issue. It would be best to get in touch with the actual LDS or operation you are intending to use to determine what they would require. If a valid c card and proof of recent diving activity (logged dives) is not sufficient, I would be looking for another operation.

Hi! I'm traveling to france in half a week and i thought of diving there.. We are going to stay 30 min outside Montpellier. We are willing to go for a drive to get to the place where it is best to dive. we does like to dive in different sceneries. we are just hobby divers and like the guided tours where you can rent equipment, are there any of these "shops" around montpellier?
sincerly Jakob

Question to the OP

Did you get any diving done, and how was it?

Jon

Another question please. Are the tanks supplied in France DIN or yoke?

Thanks!

Don't worry you'll get both kind.

Don't worry you'll get both kind.
Yup, I found that out, as the tanks are convertible. Also found out they offer Y valves, which means I could have used my dual reg setup.

Honestly I was not very impressed by the Mediterranean Sea. There is not nearly as much life as I had hoped for.

Honestly I was not very impressed by the Mediterranean Sea. There is not nearly as much life as I had hoped for.

Where did you dive precisely ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom