diving in dipolog?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twomixdiver:
Mindanao. Draw a straight line going south from Dumaguete or Apo Island. Great and friendly people there. Use to berth my dive boat in Dapitan harbor.

Dakak accomodations are now very affordable. I think less than Php 1000 a night without food.
i remember back in the late 80s/ early 90s dakak was said in the same breath as amanpulo and boracay - the ultimate in beach destinations but you had to pay the price...

then it disappeared off the face of the earth... i think jalosjos's rape case and all (his family owns the resort) doomed it to the forgotten realms

Jag

WOW...take times, than you need two more days for the trip ...Jag.. take more photo :D
shugar:
i'll be there to host the milo marathon... they're flying me in 2 days early because there are no flights on saturday (marathon's sunday dawn)... so i have time to dive hehehehehe Jag

Jason Ooi:
WOW...take times, than you need two more days for the trip ...Jag.. take more photo :D
client's paying for my flight and accomodations... if i can get them to fly me in on a thursday then i defenitely will hahahaha...

but don't worry... i'll bring the camera, strobe, gear and extra batteries!

Jag

Mike Veitch:
ah, i thought cuz it would take you 3 days to run a marathon....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jag, ur right, suddenly i've never heard of Dakak being advertised again. Im sure it's a nice beach over there, and diving should be the same, Sulu sea and all.

@Jag: Dakak's operations declined after the Sipadan incident. Going there is a smooth ride, Jalosjos did a great job paving the road to his resort. The beach is nice, just about the size of White Beach in PG. Friendly staff, nice food.

Gordon is right, Aliguay is the place to go for diving in Dipolog. I was in Dakak a couple of years back, but I wasn't into diving then. I think their dive facility is operational again since I've seen some of their tv ads recently. And yes, they also adjusted their price tags.

Dive safe!

Back
Top Bottom