Diving in Cyprus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c_m_wood

Registered
Reaction score
Hey. We have just managed to book a last minute week in Cyprus staying at the Princess hotel in Larnaca. Does anyone have any experience diving around here who can recommend a dive outfit for us? We were thinking of possibly going with Alpha divers. We definately want to dive the Zenobia.

Also, what is the water temp like atm? We have 3mm wetsuits but are wondering if these will be warm enough.

Any tips about travelling to Cyprus and diving there would be much apprecitaed. Many thanks

Chris.

chris, hi
never been there but going there in july.
found a nice informative dive site at www.cydive.com (read somewhere that it's the respected outfit, at least on the west coast) , maybe you'll find some answers there!
enjoy and pls let me know your experiences when you get back.
ward

Thanks for your reply. I also found cydivers but I think theyre pretty far away from where Im staying which is near enough opposite the Zenobia. I'll write a report of the experience when I get back for you.

Chris

c_m_wood:
Hey. We have just managed to book a last minute week in Cyprus staying at the Princess hotel in Larnaca. Does anyone have any experience diving around here who can recommend a dive outfit for us? We were thinking of possibly going with Alpha divers. We definately want to dive the Zenobia.

Also, what is the water temp like atm? We have 3mm wetsuits but are wondering if these will be warm enough.

Any tips about travelling to Cyprus and diving there would be much apprecitaed. Many thanks

Chris.

Haven't dived with Alpha Divers, but been out with Viking Divers who are based in Larnaca, and they seemed alright. The owner tended to handhold people a bit, but once we were in the water, we just f**ed off and did our own thing, and that was just fine.

3mm might be a little chilly - I'd go for 5 mm if I were you. Cyprus is a very laid back, relaxed country and the diving is good - On the southeast tip you have plenty of caverns and caves, so if you're into that kinda thing, that's the place to go. As for fish live etc - There are plenty of fish there, but they tend to stay quite deep - 30 - 40 meters down, and you get to see plenty of life, like Moray Eels, giant Groupers, and the odd Turtle.

Hope you enjoy it,

E:)

Hi
We are from Turtle bay Dive Centre North Cyprus,

We are one hour and 15 minute away from Larnaca, We have superb diving in the north, from our boat all the reefs are easyley accesible,

If you interested please replay to turtlebaydivers@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks,

c_m_wood:

Chris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom