Diving in Croatia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plym1706

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am going to Croatia on the 24th August with my family, and I would like to fit in some diving either in Split, Dubrovnik or Zadar. As the holiday is not purely for diving purposes, I will not really be able to catch boats over to islands to find diving centres, so can anyone suggest any diving centres on the mainland in any of these 3 cities?
Also, if anyone has anyone has any opinions on which place would be best then I would be grateful to hear them.
Thanks

My wife and I went diving with this outfit when we were in Dubrovnik about three years ago:

Scuba Diving In Croatia, Dubrovnik | Diving Center Blue Planet

They're located a couple miles outside of the old city. They arranged pickup via car in the morning (think it was included in the price, but maybe not) and we took the bus home in the afternoon.

We took a zodiac to a couple sites off of one of the small islands offshore. Some fish, the remains of an old wooden boat, some red coral, and an open-top cavern. Not the world's most compelling diving, but was a fun way to spend the morning, and I always like adding new places to my dive history. Would definitely recommend these guys.

Very important - if you go, bring your log book. We just brought our C cards, since we weren't sure when we took the trip if we'd be able to find time to dive. They were very hesitant to accept the cards without the logs - we were told they wanted to gauge our level of competence. Probably helped that I'm rescue. Never run into that before.

James

Take a look at Bouganvillle diving club in Biograd.
Bouganvillle Divers - Biograd na Moru - Reviews of Bouganvillle Divers - TripAdvisor

Biograd is only 30km from Zadar, very close to Kornati National Park.

kornati-croatia-yacht-motor-boat-charter.jpg

With clear waters and untouched ecology, the Kornati are a spectacular place for scuba diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom