Diving in Istria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noserider

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got jut over a week holiday booked in early June in Istria, staying in Pula, Rovinj and Losinj.

Diving the Baron Gautsch is top of the list but are there any other must do dives in the areas?

Can anyone recommend any dive centres? I found a few but pricing appears opaque, probably just poor translations

Can't find any concrete info about water temps, bar Istria is colder than one would expect , would a drysuit be overkill?

Got jut over a week holiday booked in early June in Istria, staying in Pula, Rovinj and Losinj.

Diving the Baron Gautsch is top of the list but are there any other must do dives in the areas?

Can anyone recommend any dive centres? I found a few but pricing appears opaque, probably just poor translations

Can't find any concrete info about water temps, bar Istria is colder than one would expect , would a drysuit be overkill?

Diving Pula | diving & foto - family run center, fun people to be with

What would you like to see? Wrecks only?
There are nice sites 5-10 minutes ride from their location. I have only dove with them during the winter months, they have no issue with you doing 2 hours dive.
As usual, what thermal protection to wear is up to your cold tolerances, but I don't think DS would be an overkill. Visibility in Istria is generally poorer that further south.

Thanks they are on the list as close to hotel. Looking to do wrecks if I can but happy doing anything really as it’s not really a dive trip just a few days away with the opportunity to dive

We've used Krnica dive in Krnica pre Covid. Well set up centre for lots of diving, has boats from there or they'll meet you elsewhere if that's more suitable. Pricing for gas was a spreadsheet on the website, boats are a bit variable. I used to use €100 per trimix dive including boat and gas for 50m as a rule of thumb.

In June the water temperatures are around 20C on the surface and 15 bellow 10m.
The visibility usually sucks in June, 10m is the average.

In June the water temperatures are around 20C on the surface and 15 bellow 10m.
The visibility usually sucks in June, 10m is the average.

Thanks Vicko shame about the vis but good to know about temp, so drysuit will be taken

Rhan
We've used Krnica dive in Krnica pre Covid. Well set up centre for lots of diving, has boats from there or they'll meet you elsewhere if that's more suitable. Pricing for gas was a spreadsheet on the website, boats are a bit variable. I used to use €100 per trimix dive including boat and gas for 50m as a rule of thumb.

Thanks they are on the list

Hi all, I am traveling (for work) to Poreč, Istria at the end of september: any recommendations for sites or centers there?

There are interesting locations within 10-15 minutes of boat ride.
Frašker/Fraškerić, Bumbište

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom