Diving in Clearwater area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JCDdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering if there is any good diving in the Clearwater area? I'll be down over Thanksgiving. If so what are the dive sites and which LDSs should I go to?

I don't know much about the local dive shops over there but Pinellas County has a bunch of artificial reefs so the diving is good. Although I think the diving is good as long as I get wet so I might not be the best judge. If you don't have a boat you can always drive south a little and shore dive in Bradenton and Venice. There is always a dive somewhere around here. There should be this is " PARADISE NORTH" !

There are a lot of shops in the local area. I would contact each one to see where they are running while your here. Do you want wrecks, Artificial Reefs, Freshwater Springs? The 2 dive charters in the Clearwater area we use occasionally are / Tanks-A-Lot dive charter & Sea Fox Dive charter. Also might want to contact the following dive shops in no particular order / Tackle Shack, Bill Jacksons, Mac's, Narcosis Scuba, Ocean Sports, & Scuba Quest. Good luck & good diving :)

We went to Tampa, for a cruise trip. I also searched for diving near Tampa/Clearwater area. It was disappointing to find the water is not very clear near Clearwater. Diving is also not very good, and would need to go far from shore to get some decent diving.

I then found 1.5hr north to Crystal River there is good manatee snorkeing and good diving in Rainbow River. So we flew to Tampa two days before the cruise, drove to Crystal River and stayed there one night. We had a blast diving/snorkeling. So that's something you can consider. I'm posting some reviews so you can take a look to see if that fits with your liking.

My girlfriend, her son, and I did our certification up in Crystal River at Bird's Underwater. It was a blast. Now we are planning a trip to the Clearwater area in November and need a good dive shop for equipment to rent and a place to dive. Any suggestions?

I love diving off shore Clearwater. I'll be diving with friends there on the 29th - wrecks of the Sheridan and Blackthorn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom