Diving in Cancun - Please recommend dive operation to go through

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minnesota

Reaction score
I'll be going the cancun in Feb and have two days to dive. I've been to Cozumel and also done cenotes so interested in seeing fish, doing wreck dive and also night dive. Any information would be apprectiated !** :) I would prefer to go with a smaller group of divers in a boat. I would be using the dive shops equipment because I do not ahve my own.

If you post this question in the regular Mexico forum, not this "Trips and Local marketplace" forum I think you will get more response.
We have used "Scuba Cancun" 5 years in a row in the past and really enjoyed them. We have, however, not been to Cancun for 4 years now. We have been diving in Coz and Playa the past 4 years.
Good luck

Haven't used them and so I won't recommend them, but Manta Divers seems to come up fairly often in response to this request. I'd search "Manta Divers" in the forums to get a better idea of whether that is something that might suit your needs.

If you post this question in the regular Mexico forum, not this "Trips and Local marketplace" forum I think you will get more response.
We have used "Scuba Cancun" 5 years in a row in the past and really enjoyed them. We have, however, not been to Cancun for 4 years now. We have been diving in Coz and Playa the past 4 years.
Good luck

I was in Cancun for a week in July, and I used Scuba Cancun. They picked me up at the hotel, were knowledgeable about the dives, were supportive before during and after the dives, and we dove in Cancun, Cozumel and the Cenotes. I would use them again if I were planning another trip back there. Pricing was reasonable also.

I was diving last week in August with Ben from Mayan Aqua Dive. Mayan Aqua Dive offers Cancun Diving, Snorkeling, Cavern Diving, Cozumel Dives & PADI Courses

They are basically across the street from Scuba Cancun, behind the Hotel Internationale KM 4.5. Drop Ben an email at benrmooney@yahoo.co.uk. I dove with Scuba Cancun for years ago, and Ben was their instructor. He certified me, has my son and daughter as well. He has a fast boat, awesome staff and caters to what you want to do. Never overcrowded.

He's the best in Cancun. Tell him in your email what you want to do and he'll arrange it. He will provide pick up and drop off at the hotel as well. You will not be sorry on this trip!

I also put my vote in for Ben.
We dove with him last March, and can tell you we had a great time with him and his crew.
They made us feel very much at home , and they run a very good operation.
Jim breslin

I got my OW and AOW through Manta Divers, and did Rescue Diver with Mayan Aqua Dive. Both are terrific operations.

It all came together on a dive last April when I was finishing Rescue: there were some logistics with Manta's boat, and Ben sent Mayan Aqua Dive's boat, Taurus, to pick up the Manta group. The show went on for everyone, and both company's instructors and patrons shared the same boat...and the same great Cancun diving experience.

That kind of spirit says a lot...yes, they are both businesses, but they both cooperated for the benefit of their respective customers. And that diver-friendly spirit is what will bring more divers to Cancun...everyone wins.

Gotta agree with Spratman! Ben and his crew are AWESOME!!!! :wave-smilThey will tailor your trip to your needs. He will pick you up from your hotel so you don't have to worry about where or how to get there. Scuba Cancun you have to take public transportation. GO THE EASY WAY.. TAKE Mayan Aqua Dive.

Our trip got moved from Riviera Maya to Cancus due to H. Dean in August. I had 8 hours to research cancun area. I emailed him the night before we left the states and he left a message for us at our Hotel by the time we arrived. TALK ABOUT SERVICE!

SHOUT OUT JACK SPRAT!!!! Getting ready for our Hondorus trip!
Jill

I'll be going the cancun in Feb and have two days to dive. I've been to Cozumel and also done cenotes so interested in seeing fish, doing wreck dive and also night dive. Any information would be apprectiated !** :) I would prefer to go with a smaller group of divers in a boat. I would be using the dive shops equipment because I do not ahve my own.
hello my friend. i have just the guy for you is name is Alvaro Gonzalez. subal9@hotmail.com
the marina is in the hotel zone.near the disco gallions just before the bridge, anyhow e-mail this guy he will give you details. Believe me he will meet all your needs.if you do get in touch with him tell him i sent you, just say Mandy and Paul in the uk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom