diving in burma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody know if there are any possibilities to dive in this country ? I know there has been very interesting safaries in untouched places, can anybody comfirm me this ? I mean diving from myanmar, not leaving from Thailand to myanmar.

Liveaboards leaving from Thailand to dive in Burma are much easier to book and offer a much more reliable service.

Have a look at some information on Diving Burma.

I did manage to find a dive company in Myanmar but they are displaying 2008 schedules on their website.

There are a few dive centers in Myanmar, but sorry, I don't have any information on them.

I do remember some discussions here on them, so with a good search I'm sure you'll find some more info.

Sorry I can't help you any further.

When do you plan to go? I met an operator/manager with a new resort recently, but I'm out of my office for the next couple of weeks and don't have the information available while I'm away. PM me to remind me to look for it, and when I'm back, I'll get you in touch. This is a land-based operator run from an island setting. They go to Thailand to pick up customers, facilitate the visas, etc.

I might be in burma in february, so I expect to dive from there, not from Thailand if possible. If anybody got infos about the best places where to go and dive let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom