Diving in BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In March myself and a few buddies are diving in Campbell River on Vancouver Island, Vis last March was very good, 50+ feet at least, and the diving rivals Port Hardy with a couple hundred fewer kilometers to drive. There should be room on the boat for at least four more divers if your interested.

Diver's choice in Nanaimo. Head out to snake island and dive the wrecks

In addition to year round diving, another difference when compared to atlantic diving is the wide availability of shore dives with decent depths (shore walls that go to 600' or deeper). Don't get me wrong, boat dives are good. But there's also a good amount of shore dive opportunities for all experience levels - there's even a few wrecks accessible from shore. And if you post a request for a dive buddy on this board, I'm sure there's going to be more than a few volunteers.

looks like im def gonna come up for a week, just checking out flights and dates, should i look to stay right in vancover or should look outside of the city

If you are coming all this way to dive, then go to don't stay in the city, head to vancouver Island, Nanaimo or even better Port Hardy. Hardy is isolated and rather desolate but the diving is the best we have. Unless you want to do more wrecks, in which case Nanaimo. Vancouver has some good diving...I live there...but It is not even close to the best in BC. I lived in Brooklyn for a while so I know that Jersey divers usually don't think much of shore diving...but it is a different story out here. You can get some great dives in on days without charters both around vancouver and on the island.
shaun

yea im def interested in wrecks, im gonna start checking out nanaimo and port hardy bc they seem to have the type of diving im looking to get into,

So i def want to get back to the west coast and do some diving in bc, i have some time off in march, is that too early for most dive ops around vancover? or should i wait for summer?
Just don't forget that the 2010 Paralympics are still around March 12-21 and while things won't be as crazy, it'll still be busy and I suspect hotel rates in downtown Vancouver might be a bit pricey still.

Back
Top Bottom