Diving in Bayahibe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Message me any time SatlyKsue, you can also email to info@divingdominicanrepublilc.com

DocVic - how old is your post? Some things have changed since you were here. The main roads of Bayahibe were paved few years ago (cobble stones), the Big Sur has been closed for probably 5 years now, the Catanina island might not be as you remember that. On shark point I saw a hummer head last year ... but we tell our clients we do not guarantee any sharks :) They are free living / moving creatures and unfortunately due to weather changes and some bad human actions we see them less and less often.

Thanks DRsharky- I just did my vacation picks and for sure got part of the time my friends will be there but don't know about the rest yet! So, I WILL be emailing you to get LOTS of help. I just hope I don't irritate you. If I do PLEASE just tell me to lay off.
When I start planning a dive trip I tend to get excited a go a bit overboard. Especially since i only go a few times a year!
Thanks- Karen

---------- Post Merged at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:29 AM ----------

DRsharky- I just tried to send you an email but it came back saying that there was no such address! I copied and pasted the address you have here. Just wondering if there is a misspelling in the address.

Karen, the email should be working info@divingdominicanrepublic.com
but you can also go to our website and send a message through the contact page Contact | Dominican Republic Diving - Scuba Diving Holidays in Paradise
My wife Denise is the one that answers all the emails and she knows that some clients like to email a lot :)
You can also ask her questions about Bayahibe area, accommodation etc. She has a website called Discover Bayahibe and also a Facebook page Discover Bayahibe where she posts daily weather updates with photos. If you still have a problem to contact us, please send me a PM through here

Thanks DRsharky- I saw the problem- In the first message it has publilc at the end instead of public. There was an extra l thrown in!
Ok _ I'll be contacting Denise and checking out your web site Thanks so much!

good choice, Sharky is a great operation, #1 in Bayahibe!
stay clear or the dodgy Italians, the mean Germans (no companies mentioned but you'll figure out quick who i am talking about)

Sharky has a great boat, great service... you'll find some great diving in Bayahibe, St. George amazing, fantastic wreck, Catalina Wall very nice although dive 2 is usually done at the Aquarium, not my favorite site but I usually don't like sites with the name Aquarium for some reason...

David (he should be working there still) is a great guy and Sharky (the owner is always diving, which I think says something about how they run the business, too many dive shop owners dont dive enought, Sharky is always in the water :)

I think David should be able to run your Cavern course if your not yet certified in anything for those overhead enviroment, David is excellent and Bayahibe separate of the ocean has some great cave/ cavern dives, I know Sharky and David know those caves like the back of their hands! It would be an absolute shame to visit there for diving and miss the Cave Padre Nuestro, that could have been one of the best dives of my life

Enjoy, ( i dont work for Sharky nor never had) David is a friend, but they run a top notch dive boat! you chose write
(STAY AWAY FROM THE DODGY ITALIANS)

It's been a little while since the previous post pholife, but thanks for the nice words. David is not with us anymore, he left Bayahibe couple months ago and is planning to move to a next scuba diving destination wherever that might be. He was with us for more than 2 years and you are right, he is a great guy. We can take certified cave divers for cave dives, and for non certified we can provide an intro course, or the complete course.
By the way we stopped offering the Catalina Wall and Aquarium dives long time ago, it's not what it used to be few years back and also always crowded, we try to show our clients something better :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom