Diving in Auckland, NZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azza:
I will drop the tanks down tomorrow and see if they will give us some ean32. Hopefully they can hydro my doubles and fill them before Sunday as well:D If not they have air in them so I will just have to deco to keep up, or down as the case may be.

If Andy can't make it then I will book us on Dive Tutukaka as they run everyday.

Give me a ring when you get in and let me know where you are staying and I can pick you up before sparrows fart on Sunday morning. We will have to leave by about 0500.

It would be nice to take my boat out but its still not back from the shop yet. They are rebuilding my engine and can't assure me it will be back by the wekend.

Cheers
Azza
Azza,

Arriving from Sydney at 4:30 PM. Staying at the Metropolis. I'll give you a ring when I land.

Talk to you later.

Daryl

OK, I reckon I'm good to dive on Sunday but my partner is sick so will have to possibly moderate plans a bit..... I've agreed that she can go shopping on Sunday with my credit card (ouch!) so I can go diving and leave her behind...

Probably won't be able to make it up to Tutukaka on the Saturday night though, without her having my balls for a bowtie. I'm reasonably ok with the early start to go up and back in a day - I've done it enough times to know it's a PITA, but still doable - especially if we go up together and split the driving on the way back?

Other options would be to dive closer to home - my LDS is running their boat out of Leigh for the weekend so we could do a couple of dives on Leigh reef as an alternative? It's a great dive spot, but really not as great an option for "only one dive in NZ" visitor!

Have got a spare drysuit, Daryl - though it's going to have a brand new neck seal on it which might be a bit tight....

Azza/Daryl - I'll PM you with my number so we can arrange details.

Let me know if you want to be picked up from the airport, Daryl?

Packhorse:
Good thing you guys are all diving dry. I was out Tiri today and the water temp was down to 13c !
Hope you have a good one tommorow. Im off for another dive tommorrow at the Ahaahas.
AndyNZ and Daryl arrived at my place about 2 or 3 hours ago. Andy's drysuit fit Daryl perfectly. He is a happy man:D
So we are all sorted and the guys will be at my place by 0530 in the morning for the trip up to Tutukaka.

Aie these early Sunday Mornings...

Packhorse Let me know how the ahaahas go. They are on my "To-do-list".
When my boats back we should meet up for a few dives...

Azza:
AndyNZ and Daryl arrived at my place about 2 or 3 hours ago. Andy's drysuit fit Daryl perfectly. He is a happy man:D
So we are all sorted and the guys will be at my place by 0530 in the morning for the trip up to Tutukaka.

Aie these early Sunday Mornings...

Packhorse Let me know how the ahaahas go. They are on my "To-do-list".
When my boats back we should meet up for a few dives...
You got that right, I'm very happy to be looking forward to diving dry, especially hearing the temperature was 13C.

Now if I could just get my head around getting up at 3:30AM. (I'm pretty much adjusted to Sydney time.) The things we do for diving...

Have a good trip guys, after weeks of crappy weather down here we had a great dive under sunny skies at Rocky Bay Porirua today - 11C but good light and lots of stuff to see.

Alison

Well every man and his d o g was out at the Ahaaha's fishing.
Water was even colder today at 12deg.
First time out there and wasnt impressed, not a lot to look at. only cray I saw was about 50mm long. So went over to Gannet rock where the vis was 3-4 meteres and alot of current. Found a nice cray and a few mussels.

Hope you guys had a more enjoyable day, but I bet you will be buggered after driving home aye.

Had an ok day at the Knights yesterday with Daryl and Azza. Viz was pretty average for the time of year, around 35-40m or so...... :wink:

You should post your opinions Daryl, before Azza and I colour perceptions with the local viewpoint!

Water was pretty warm, I made it 16 degC whilst Azza made it 14 degC. I guess if my computer rounds up and his rounds down then we could settle on an average of 15 degC. Still warm enough to do an hours dive with a flooded drysuit, though....

I'll have a look at my photos tonight and post up any good ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom