Diving in Athens, TX - May 21st - 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sham_ba_la:
Hi All,

On May 21st - 23rd a group of us are planning on having a get together at Athens Scuba Park in Athens, TX. Were mostly all singles, but there will also be a few buddyless divers as well as possibly some students, so if your single or just buddyless come out and join the fun.

Were planning on camping out on the grounds if anyone wants to practice their night dive skills you can feel free either way your welcome to join us for the weekend or come for the day, whichever suits your schedule best...

For more details, PM me :bounce:

Count me in, unless something bizarre happens. Looking forward to meeting some of you and diving for fun.

Diver Doug
PADI MI-81981

I am going to make a GO on that weekend it will be nice to meet you all.

Lloyd

Great to hear your going to make it Lloyd, we look forward to meeting you and diving with you out there.

I will however also be posting more information later on this as we are working on a few more possible surprises..

Sham_ba_la

Hi All! On May 21st - 23rd we will be having a camp-out & diving weekend at Athen's Scuba Park, located in Athen's TX. We will be out at the park at 1:00pm on Friday, May 21st and be leaving the park on Sunday.

Details: Friday May 21st arrive at Athens Scuba Park
1:00pm (Map Included), leave on Sunday,
May 23rd.

Park Fees: Certified Divers - $15.00 per day + 5.00 to
camp out
Students in Training - $15.00 per day + 5.00 to
camp out
Swim/Watcher - $5.00 per day + 5.00 to camp
out

Park Hours: 8:00 am to 6:00pm

Map to Park: http://www.athensscubapark.com/map.htm

Upon arriving at the Park you will need to pay your weekend fee's for your full stay at the dive shop, & then tell them you want to head to Dock 10 & 11. Many of us will be doing some dives right away early on Friday and of course night diving on both Friday and Saturday nights.

We are offering to those interested a Night Dive, Navigation, or Search & Recovery certification through Padi, Naui or possibly other certifying agencies if you need a different one. Please post questions in this thread so all can learn from the replies or feel free to private message me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Please stay tuned for more details and we will be sending a survey to all divers coming for the weekend how you want to handle food, lodging, & fun!!!

-Sham_ba_la

See you there!!!

Hi All,

I just wanted to note that anyone who showed interest in coming out to Athens on May 21st - 23rd for our dive party weekend I have sent those who gave me their email address a questionnaire for food and lodging.

If you haven't recieved this please let me know, or if your interested in joining us please PM me with your email address.
However, those who did recieve the questionnaire please return it as soon as possible as I need to start getting a clear count of who's coming.

Thanks and Dive Safe!

Sham_ba_la

I went out Friday to Athens to dive with the group and we had a blast! I got in two dives, including a night dive that started a little after 11pm. Zero visability! I have a greater appreciation for what S&R divers have to go through now. Even with our dive lights on, it was really dark. I almost swam head on into the jet plane before I saw it...LOL Going through the jet and the tour bus at night is a surreal experience. It was a lot of fun, though. I'm just sorry I didn't get to stay -- I drove back at about 1am and got home about a quarter to 3.

It was very nice meeting Sham-ba-la (sorry we didn't get to dive together, but thank you for inviting me), Zendiver and SandyK, and seeing KimN and WreckWench again. Can't wait to hear everyone else's stories when they get back.

Sham_ba_la:
Hi All,

On May 21st - 23rd a group of us are planning on having a get together at Athens Scuba Park in Athens, TX. ...

For more details, PM me :bounce:

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. My buddy and I were out there all day on Sunday. We got over 4 1/2 hours of dive time in! The viz in the morning, when the park opened was great! There were lots of stuf to swim arround and nav to. Got lots of practice. The only complaint was that the only life that I saw the whole day were a few mudbugs. Actually, actualy cought one :11ztongue I sure am glad that the gal in the dive shop warned us about the bottom. My buddy accidently stepped on the bottom when we decended on the first dive, it took some work to get that clay off his fin. Sure glad it wasn't me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom