Diving in and Around Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All!

Tried a search but didn't come up with much (mainly because I don't know florida and have no idea what's in and around orlando)

I'm going to be in Orlando Feb 10-17th for some business sales training and thought it would be nice to bracket the trip with some diving.

Any recommendations for a dive op that can give me either 1) single tank night dives during the week or 2) a two or three tanker on the weekends?

What wetsuit recommendations? I've got a 3/2 but here that might leave me a little chilly...

Thanks in advance!

D.

Drive down to West Palm and dive with Narcosis. There's no real diving in Orlando - unless your a cavie and like going in dark, cold holes.
Recommend a 3 ml farmer john - that gives 6 mls over your chest.
Maybe you can hook up with Jill / Nextariel in Orlando. I believe she works at Disney and might get you in to dive Disney [ still cost over $100 ]!

George
Irishman@Sprynet.com

Diving Disney would rock! I would love to give that a shot. Thanks for the heads up on Narcosis.. that's about 3 hours from Orlando.. little bit of a drive.

Any place around Coco Beach? That's only about an hour away...

D.

Just found out that we're having a meeting at Epcott on sunday (Feb 12th) night - might not be a bad way to cap it off then go diving...

Daylonious:
Any place around Coco Beach? That's only about an hour away...

Alexander Springs (in the Ocala National Forest) is about an hour away. I'm not sure about other springs that may be closer.

--

Bud

How is Alexander? Is that cave country (I'm not cave certified) Any suggestions on operators?

there are some charters in canaveral and a few in daytona, only an hour or so away. It will be colder than down by west palm. Sea dogs is one charter in daytona that comes to mind.

Another random question - do operators in Daytona run all year long? Is there an "off" season? I looked at the dive calender for Sea Dogs and it's blank for Jan and Feb.

What protection you recommend for this time of year? 5mm? 3/2?

Its my understanding that sea dogs accomodates comfortably about 6 divers and specializes in spearfishing trips. The reefs are about 10 miles out of Daytona and the viz is not that great. Now, this is all word of mouth as I have not dove with them yet and if you do, I would like to hear about your trip. This is also a good time of year to maybe hit the crystal river and dive with a manatee or 2 or 3. Its abot an 1 3/4 hrs from Orlando. Good Luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom