Diving in Abu Dhabi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you notice that you are replying to posts that are 2 years old?

They're probably back from their 18 month stint by now. :wink:

Just moved to Abu Dhabi (JULY 2005), joined the British Club, it has a bsac run diving club called ADSAC. They have two boats that go out of Abu Dhabi every thursday and friday, to sites for beginners and others for the more advanced. Some wreck sites are 30 miles off the coast! They have instructors and teach diving at varias BSAC levels. They have their own compressor. They also have a villa available in Korfakan, plus a boat on that side and compressor. There are about 70 members in the ADSAC
Last week we saw sea snakes, schools of barricuda, and colourful nudibranchs. The big fish seem to be coming back as the water begins to cool. There's great diving here in Abu Dhabi.

Hi, in order to be a member of ADSAC/bsac you must first be a member of the british club in abu dhabi, then every monday night in the waterfront cabin, underneath the vista restaurant we meet from 8pm to midnight, there are about 70 members in the diving section of the club. On Monday nights we post the dives, organize the dive leaders, boat handlers etc. for the projected dives on Thursdays and Fridays. We accept Padi divers etc. but a requirement for ADSAC is that you must join BSAC annually at a cost of about 323 dirhams per year, plus an annual fee of 400 dirhams per year for ADSAC, that is on top of joining the club at an initital fee of 3000 dirhams or so, and an annual family membership of a further 3000 dirhams. In addition to to be a member of ADSAC you must present a current diving medical or attain one (it costs about 300 dirhams) in order to join BSAC, annually thereafter, you don't pay a medical fee if you can self certificate medical yourself.
As you can imagine this is a costly start, but worth its weight in gold if you plan on diving on a regular basis. Being a bsac club, we have training groups, the current ones are on nitrox and the sports diver. We also train complete novices.
We do allow visitors to come and dive with us, up to a maximum of five times, this is meant to be used by people visiting the country or interested parties who want to give the diving section a test run before actually joining the club. You would be charged at a higher rate than the actual club members to use the diving facilities, and of course club members get the first places available on the boats. If you are interested in giving it a try, contact the front desk at the club and they can put you in contact with the current diving officer or chairman of adsac, all of which will be voted on on March 20. If you get stuck you can call me: cell 0508150214 (although I am out of the country the whole of March).
Yours GILLIAN

Is the diving any good? Did Oman last year, and was quite unimpressed (Demaniyat was nice, as was the wreck south of Muscat - the rest was blah).

Gillian, I spoke with Mr.Raymond today over the phone, he did mention that the British club is BSAC but accept PADI members and that I could join as a guest for up to 6 dives before I have to make my decision about being a member or not.

Quick question, after say, joining the club for 3 grand annually, plus joining the BSAC annually @ 323 ,plus 400 dirhams for ADSAC membership annually(AbuDhabi Sub Aqua Club ?). Do the twice weekly (thurs + fri) trips cost anything? Or is it free because of the 3000+ 323+ 400 ? What about gear? Can I rent gear from the club- adsac? or do I need my own from the very start?

thanks for the info + your phone number Gillian.

check out alboom diving center in Dubai or Ras alkemah

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom