Diving in a recession

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunch35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Im in need of a very cheap caribean dive. I am taking some people from my church that have limited funds so it has to be an inexpensive trip.. I am mainly interested in airfare only. Has anyone got any ideas or pointers on dirt cheap plane tickets. I am flying out of st louis or K.C. I want to take a trip about every other month or so i need a deal. I have been finding round trip from stl to cancun and jamacia for about 200 bucks which is good but ive been there too often. Just wondering on a internet site or something like that.. thanks and happy diving...

Consider checking out Spirit Air (spiritair.com). About a year ago I joined their $9 Fare Club. They frequently run specials to many areas in the Bahamas and Caribbean. I occasionally need to go to the States to buy supplies, and I recently paid $91 roundtrip, Panama City, Panama to Ft. Lauderdale. The fare was $9 each way, but after taxes, etc. it came out to $91 r/t. Their planes always fly on time, upgrades to business class are inexpensive, and the customer service is terrific. The downside is they fly off-peak hours (to pay cheaper gate fees to the airports) and they do charge for extra bags.

Im in need of a very cheap caribean dive. I am taking some people from my church that have limited funds so it has to be an inexpensive trip.. I am mainly interested in airfare only. Has anyone got any ideas or pointers on dirt cheap plane tickets. I am flying out of st louis or K.C. I want to take a trip about every other month or so i need a deal. I have been finding round trip from stl to cancun and jamacia for about 200 bucks which is good but ive been there too often. Just wondering on a internet site or something like that.. thanks and happy diving...

Cheap Flights, Cheap Hotels, Cheap Airfare, Airline Tickets, Travel Deals - SideStep is a good place to check prices

we usually book with
www.expedia.com

robin:D

Looks like SpiritAir has some awesome fares if you are flying out of the locations they serve. Unfortunately Seattle, Portland and Spokane are not served.

Does anyone know of an airline that has a similar method of discounting that serves the PNW??

Just heard of some great news that Villa Olga has reduced their room rates to $70 a night on St. Thomas. Admiralty Dive Center's boats are only a block away. Wake up, get on boat, dive dive dive. Walk back, zzzzzzzzzzzz, wake up, dive dive dive! Excellent and reasonable resturants also in walking distance, so no need for rental car or raped by taxi's!

Link to Villa Olga: st thomas guest houses and inns, The bolongo Inn at Villa Olga is a guesthouse in town with an out of town feeling, Frenchtown location, walking to Charlotte Amalie downtown, ocean view rooms, perfect for the budget minded, weekly and monthly special

Admiralty does 2 2 tank/2 location dive charters a day, usually a wreck and a reef. With more than 60 daily used sites, you won't dive the same site over. Discounted dive package rates available. Small boats with excellent customer service!

I agree with Robint for airfares to just use a search engine. Best package deal with great diving I've had is with scubaclub in cozumel. Of course it's even cheaper off season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom