Diving Ginnie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vr24:
Theres hardly any info on devils den, is it as big or bigger than ginnie? Are there cavern entrances, etc...? Can you explain what it is a little?

If you search around on the internet, I know you'll find lots of stuff on Devil's Den. A few points:

The picnic areas are at "sea level" per se. Then you see a little fence which leads to some steps down into the earth. You step down the stairs to a huge platform. The dive FEELS like a cave dive and some of it is overhead, except that within a few kicks you are out of the overhead. There are hundreds of little holes and swim-throughs to poke your head around in.

Often folks who live in great diving areas (like S Florida) find freshwater spring OW diving a bit too tame...after all, there's no colorful fish, but the uniqueness of Devil's Den makes it a worthwhile spot. Everyone should go there at least once.

1amphibian:
I will be up there with my g/f on the 20th if you need dive buddies.

Devils Den does look like an interesting dive, from what I have read it silts out quickly if there are a lot of divers in it, so it's best to go in the morning. Haven't dove that one yet but it is certainly on the list.

Chris

That would be great! A bunch of us were there Saturday doing a river clean up drift dive, 3 canoes full of beer cans and bottles, and got in a couple of ballroom dives.

Devils den is excellent if you go early on a weekday otherwise the silt gets stirred up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom