Diving GBR in 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much for those answers. Really appreciated.

Seems like bringing the lightweight OC kit would be easiest. That aside, chill, have plenty of time and enjoy the Australian adventure. Oh and bring plenty of money!

You don't have to wear a snorkel but you must have it on you, it's Queensland law.

Edit: regulation is probably a better word :)

I've used both Mike Ball and Spirit of Freedom. They dive mostly same places. I preferred the SOF boat to MB. Can't go wrong with either though. Well run trips.

b04aaab0444e534d6e0348ba829efccc96d4f89d.png

Wonder how many people live in the area overlaid by the UK? 10k?

Went to the UK dive show over the weekend. Was great to meet up with some people, have a look at some new kit and get measured for a new drysuit. There were many 'countries' showing their diving tourism credentials — loved listening to the guy from Grenada's accent…

Anyway, had a decent chat on the Mike Ball stand. They really did give me a great deal of confidence in their offerings. A nice laid back attitude to diving following the checkout dive. They even cater for a non diving partner.

Amazing what you can do if you’ve plenty of money, definitely a one off :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom