Diving from Amed and Lovina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M-Cass

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
We'll be heading to Bali in June with our 8 month old son and my parents (non divers).
We plan to stay in Amed, Lovina and Ubud for topside visits.
I've been reading the threads about these locations but still have some questions, I would really appreciate some help!
1. Any dive ops recommendations in Amed? Also what are the good shore diving spots and how easy is it to just pick up tanks and be on your way? (Same questions for Lovina)
2. How easy is it to plan a dive at Nusa Penida, Manta Point, and how likely is it to see Mantas in June? We'd love to go look for Mola Mola as well but I understand it's not the season.
3. How much time does it take to dive Menjangan from Lovina?
4. Finally, we planning to take our 3 mm full suits, would you it be worth it to bring chicken vests especially for Nusa Penida?
Any other recommendations would be welcome!
Thank you!

RñÎi

Hi all,
We'll be heading to Bali in June with our 8 month old son and my parents (non divers).
We plan to stay in Amed, Lovina and Ubud for topside visits.
I've been reading the threads about these locations but still have some questions, I would really appreciate some help!
1. Any dive ops recommendations in Amed? Also what are the good shore diving spots and how easy is it to just pick up tanks and be on your way? (Same questions for Lovina)
2. How easy is it to plan a dive at Nusa Penida, Manta Point, and how likely is it to see Mantas in June? We'd love to go look for Mola Mola as well but I understand it's not the season.
3. How much time does it take to dive Menjangan from Lovina?
4. Finally, we planning to take our 3 mm full suits, would you it be worth it to bring chicken vests especially for Nusa Penida?
Any other recommendations would be welcome!
Thank you!

RñÎi

Actually Manta's are seen all year round so the chances are fairly good and around

June is the start of the season for Mola Mola's however there were some sighted of Manta point yesterday

It is far better to stay on Nusa Pendia and dive from there than to go by boat from Sanur, Padang Bai. Dive with Bali Diving Academy or World Diving both excellent for Nusa Penida

Bali Diving Academy | Diving Bali | Bali Diving Adventures or World Diving Lembongan Home

head up to Amed/Tulamben and dive with

Jukung Dive :: Jukung Dive - Amed East Bali - Home ::
Scuba Seraya Scuba Seraya Resort in Desa Tukad Dabu, Tulamben, Bali, Indonesia
Tauch Terminal Resort Bali Dive Hotel Resort Tulamben Diving & Accommodation in Bali Indonesia
Tulamben Wreck Divers Dive Bali with Tulamben Wreck Divers - Home

the Over to Pemuteran and dive with Bali Diving Academy again.

Its around a 2 hour drive from the east coast to the west coast

If you want to dive Lovina you can so from Amed ............day trip

In reality you would be better doing a scuba safari and arrange it that way.

Yes bring the vests if you do nusa pendia you will need them

After your dives be careful of which way they take you to ubud (altitude.....mountains

.... want more PM me)

Thanks for all the info!
Real happy to hear you can see manta all year round :).
Great point about getting to Ubud, the altitude had totally escaped me.
I'll contact you if I have more questions, thanks again.

Having well over 200 dives in Bali, I can add a few things, I do agree w/ Wayan above. What you are looking for is a dive Safari. You want to dive all over the island and have everything taken care of for you (tanks, transport, accomodation, and diving. Just use Air Dive Academy - Bali, they can do it all, are really nice people, and have great dive guides. Tell them I sent you, you may get a discount (can't gaurantee that)
Amed is easy shore diving, but you really want to dive from julung to get to the best sites. DON'T miss Tulamben, and if you are into macro, you have to do Seraya.
You should always see manta at Manta Point, Mola-Mola anre hit and miss, even during "the season", if Crystal Bay isn't so cold you want to get out of the water, you won't see them. I dive all of Bali (except Crystal Bay ina t-shirt, so a 3mm should be fine unless you are cold-blooded.

If you are by yourself, you may want to join a safari, or just do it yourself. You can get tanks everywhere, and accomodations can be arranged very cheap. I usaully do my own thing, but I always have a rental car (SUV) when I do.

Thanks for the great info,
I'd love to do a dive safari but as I have my 8 month old son and my parents with us I don't think it would be feasible. We'd rather do 2 dives in the morning and be back for the afternoon to spend some time with our family while staying in Amed (diving Amed and Tulamben this way), and get away for one day trip to Nusa Penida, Manta point. Same plan in Lovina with maybe a day trip to Menjangan.
Would you recommend getting in touch with the dive ops before leaving or is all right to just walk in once we get there? I'm thinking Jukung dive in Amed as Wayan has recommended.
Any recommendation for a dive op in Padang Bai that would take us to Manta Point?
Thanks again guys,

RñÎi

Thanks for the great info,
I'd love to do a dive safari but as I have my 8 month old son and my parents with us I don't think it would be feasible. We'd rather do 2 dives in the morning and be back for the afternoon to spend some time with our family while staying in Amed (diving Amed and Tulamben this way), and get away for one day trip to Nusa Penida, Manta point. Same plan in Lovina with maybe a day trip to Menjangan.
Would you recommend getting in touch with the dive ops before leaving or is all right to just walk in once we get there? I'm thinking Jukung dive in Amed as Wayan has recommended.
Any recommendation for a dive op in Padang Bai that would take us to Manta Point?
Thanks again guys,

RñÎi

honestly if you are going to do Manta point and Nusa Lembongan you are really better off heading there first up do the dives (be on the sites before the majority of the day trippers) this way you will ,maximise your chance of Mantas and Mola Mola's.......you will also be back in the afternoon to spend time with your family. After this base out of Amed like you are intending......June is the start of the busy season for diving (numbers picking up already) and so yes it would be worth your while contacting some dive operators before you come.

In Padang Bai you should enquire with
Bali Scuba Diving Bali with WaterWorx SSI Dive Center Bali David is really good
Dive Bali | Diving Bali - Absolute Scuba Diving Bali Not sure now that Andy has left; should still be good

Absolute Scuba Bali also have a nice resort and pool too. While you go for diving, your family can enjoy their day too.
If you wanna do manta point with Absolute Scuba normally they will take you first to Manta point and second dive to Crystal bay. We know its not the season of mola-mola yet but some other friends have seen it in Crystal bay and Blue corner few weeks ago.
Have fun...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom