Diving Fiji - Confused, Bega or Kadavu in early January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We would appreciate hearing about your diving experience in Mozambique. We are thinking about going in July. We've heard good things about it. Also have heard good things about an area called Rocktail Bay north of Sodwana Bay.
When we were in Fiji we dove from an island called Matangi. It was beautiful! Crystal waters. No sharks though. Don't know if a liveaboard would offer sharks..mantas?

Hi, just came back from Fiji, maybe this will help u.
The first week we dove around Taveuni, the second week we spent around Beqa Lagoon at Waidroka Resort, west from Pacific Harbour. I can definitely reccomend it. It is not "just another resort" but a very laidback place, where guests and staff eat dinner together, there is a friendly German shepherd running around, pool table.. and the chef, Ravi is a Lord of a Kitchen. He just rules them all. The best food i hv ever experienced on a dive trip. Even the most complaining member of our group ate everything that landed on his plates. We were astonished (and relieved :) to watch this happening.

Shark diving with Aquatrek guys was terrific. We always did see sharks on the first dive in the morning. We got 3 tiger-sharks 4m long on one, and on next day, a few white- and silver-tips, nurse and one bull. Also, we got 2+m wrasse on another...

What i liked even more were 2 dives on Frigates. This was definitely the place with the healthiest and most numerous corals i saw during 10 days of diving in Fiji. It looked fabulous even on a cloudy day.

Sadly :) I havent dove other parts of Fiji, so i cannot compare directly, but hope even this bit can help.

Back
Top Bottom