Diving During Spring Break ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're looking to get away for Spring Break ~ March 12 thru 20.
We would love to do some shore diving in the USA and might prefer the Gulf Coast areas. Basically because they are closer but We're still open minded.... Fresh or Salt water.
It seems that everybody is looking at the same time period since school is out then. I really try to avoid crowded/ expensive tourist traps that are usually dirt cheep in the off season.

We'd be open to other suggestions though and thought some of you Swampers might have a clue.
Do Ya'll have any goods tips? Maybe you smart vaction package deal folks have some ?

for short trips like that we usually head to Panama City Florida. It's a 10 hr drive from Houston and we can do it in a long weekend.

Google Panama City Diving and you'll get lots of hits for dive ops.

Dee:
for short trips like that we usually head to Panama City Florida. It's a 10 hr drive from Houston and we can do it in a long weekend.

Florida was our first choice and its a great place but is a mad house during Spring Break especially Panama City. Already most of the good hotels and motels and such places places are booked up. ( I've been looking) The rest will be full of college kids.
Don't get me wrong...I love the college students, I'm a college instructor.

However ... Sometimes I prefer to just party with my wife and friends if ya know what I mean :wink:

Ft. Lauderdale has been working hard to discourage the spring break crowd, the dive boats are available and not all that crowded. the hotels near the beach are expensive, but come inland a few miles and the prices are ok. there is also great beach diving from W.P.B. down to Miami.

divdude

Timeliner:
We're looking to get away for Spring Break ~ March 12 thru 20.
We would love to do some shore diving in the USA and might prefer the Gulf Coast areas. Basically because they are closer but We're still open minded.... Fresh or Salt water.
It seems that everybody is looking at the same time period since school is out then. I really try to avoid crowded/ expensive tourist traps that are usually dirt cheep in the off season.

We'd be open to other suggestions though and thought some of you Swampers might have a clue.
Do Ya'll have any goods tips? Maybe you smart vaction package deal folks have some ?

Back
Top Bottom