Diving dry suits only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wondering if once I get a handle and more time in my drysuit if I will ever want to, or need to, dive into the wetsuit again.

Water temperatures here range from 34 pretty much from December through April, the 40s and 50s in November December and May, and the 60s the rest of the time. And some of the shallower water we might see upper sixties lower 70s for a month out of the year.

Anyhow, bottom line is do I really need to continue owning my wetsuits?

I very rarely wear a wetsuit anymore. Almost always dive my drysuit.

No, except for travel to warm water but that will entail different wetsuits.

Backup wetsuit while the drysuit is getting repaired.

I enjoy diving in a Wetsuit, and when the water is warm enough, I prefer it. So I keep mine around.

It could also be a backup for when the drysuit needs service.

Reactions: Zef
Backup wetsuit drysuit while the drysuit is getting repaired.

FTFY

I had a medical issue where I was told not to get wet, but it was Goliath Season so I wasn't going to miss it. So despite it being very hot, and the being quite warm I dove dry with just my base layers. It wasn't that bad, and I enjoyed the fact that after a quite rinse of my hair I didn't have the usual post dive stink.

I made over 800 dives in wetsuits in temps between 46 and mid 60s. Once I bought my first drysuit, I gave away my wetsuit and never looked back. I have a thin wetsuit for warm water diving, which I rarely do. All my diving along the west coast and Canada is in drysuits.

I have a 3mm for the 85°F waters. There were people coming in as we were leaving and they packed drysuits.

Sold the backup 7mm. Still have the 5mm mostly because I used it so much and it isn't worth anything used, fits me good, have a lot of memories diving it. Did one dive with it last year wondering if it would be a better for a road trip I was planning. I took the drysuit on the trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom