Diving Cordova, AK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poogweese:
Hi Polly, you can also take a look at this link for teaching jobs...:wink:

http://alaskateacher.org/

Poog

Thanks,
I have my resume posted there, that is how I found the first 2, but thanks for the help.

Polly

Ok, I have an interview with Nikiski High School (Kenai Pen) on Wednesday. I faxed an app to an alternative school in Sitka last night. I'll let you guys know if anything works out.
Thanks for all of the help!

Polly

Good luck Polly! I don't know a soul in Kenai Pen, I swear!

Brian

brianstclair:
Good luck Polly! I don't know a soul in Kenai Pen, I swear!

Brian

Just don't tell anyone about the position.

Sounds promising. This is the job that the posting closed on Thursday. Evidently they interviewed 2 people Friday, but still want me to interview.

I might get to dive with the infamous snowbear after all!

Not terribly far from Cordova either, so you can dive with us when you visit your friend that took my job :D

Snowbear:
Hey - you'll be a lot closer to good diving than I am... If you get the job, I'll put you in touch with a great local charter. What the heck - here it is anyhow :D

Thanks! Looks like a good op. Noticed they just started up a message board.

I just got off the phone with the school in Nikiski. They offered me the job on the spot. I have 3 other offers (2 which are reasonable). I need to call to talk to the HR person at the school tomorrow to get a definite on the exact $$$ for the position.

I'd be teaching Marine Bios, Chem, and Physical Science.

Am I envious, I love the Kenai, But I'd rather be in Seward or Whittier(the fishin is better) When we get back up there to retire, I guess I'll have to COLD water dive.
Have some friends coming to dive from Eagle RIver in Aug. Enjoy AK!

Snowbear? ever speared a 'but?

Congratulations Polly! When do you have to make your choice?

beezwax:
Congratulations Polly! When do you have to make your choice?

Thanks! I promised the school here I'd let them know by Friday, so I am hoping to make a decision on AK tomorrow as soon as they give me the final $$ info. So I can get the OK from the district by Friday before I have to tell the school here (just in case).

I think I'm going to drive/ move up that way 1st week in Aug- wanna do a dive to help me break up the monotony of a 75 hour drive?

Back
Top Bottom