Diving Concepts Neo-Z, anyone know about this suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband has one, and he likes it (has been diving it about a year). But the mobility isn't remotely like the Fusion. After watching that particular issue evolve, I'm really hot on the subject of mobility in drysuits these days.

My husband has one, and he likes it (has been diving it about a year). But the mobility isn't remotely like the Fusion. After watching that particular issue evolve, I'm really hot on the subject of mobility in drysuits these days.

Lynn you might want to consider replacing your avatar here with the picture associated your profile in the link shown above.

The avatar here might give people the idea you are really old when you are not. :)

Just a thought ...

I dive the custom version of the Neo Z. It is a very comfortable drysuit. It is durable and will keep you warmer, with less of an undergarment.

Ron, I can't give up the Borg queen . . . It's too much a part of my SB identity!

I have a NeoZ and have to say that it was the first truly "dry" suit I used (even though I had an Andy's trilam before). It swims better than a traditional trilam, but not as well as my new Fusion. Hate to sound like I have jumped on a bandwagon, but the Fusion has the swimability of a tight neoprene drysuit and the mobility of a loose trilam. The only areas that I can imagine that it is inferior to a neoprene would be durability and warmth with thinner undies.

Jackie

Thank you all for the responses that are relevant to the topic of the thread. I'm really looking for pro's and cons of this suit and what to look out for. I've already bought this suit so comments on the fusion or any other drysuits aren't any help to me, if anyone has anything with respect to that please let me know, thanks!

tsandm from reading your link your husband's problem sounds like a lack of pre-dive stretching, not lack of flexibility.

Billy

Well, if you have already bought the suit, what good are people's comments to you now?

Peter might well have done better with reaching his valves if he had stretched adequately pre-dive . . . But with my Fusion, I don't have to stretch pre-dive at all. So there's no way that I can "forget" to do it, and find myself later in a situation where I can't solve a problem underwater.

Sorry, I know I sound like a broken record, but this experience really hit me.

Well, if you have already bought the suit, what good are people's comments to you now?

Like I said I'm trying to figure out what to look out for in this suit in order to be more prepared for my first dive with it. I've never had to do any kind of stretching in a drysuit but that's the type of info I'm looking for, still don't care about the fusion.

Billy

Back
Top Bottom