Diving Chinaman's Hat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll agree the name is somewhat old fashioned and offensive, but it is what is printed on most maps and even tourist stuff. I flinched a bit when I first heard of it, but it has lost its bite through repeated use and numerous calendars. Personally I find the names of certain sport franchises much more offensive.

Apparently it is near Rabbit (Manana -sp?) Island... Need some clarification on it's actual positioning. Some other goodies near Mokolii/Kaaawa I may check out this weekend if Moku Manu is too rough.

Growing up in Hawaii we called it Chinaman's Hat and Rabbit Island. I had to learn the Hawaiian names later. Post '90s. I have snorkeled all around Chinaman's hat and never heard of a Zero there. The dives at Rabbit Island (I have never gone) is on the side facing Oahu, on the surfers side. There is a sea cave there. Depth is 40-70 feet. But I'm not sure where the Zero is suppose to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom