Diving Checklist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcrews5508

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Everyone,

Trying to get some quick advice. I am a new diver and am puting together my first personal diving checklist. After looking at the below can anyone think of anything i'm forgetting? (I'm sure there is plenty.)

SCUBA Equipment

Log Book
Dive Tables/Nitrox Tables/O2 Wheel
Dive bag
Mask ScubaPro Crystal VU
Snorkel ScubaPro Phoenix
Fins ScubaPro Jets
Boots ScubaPro Boots
Dive Socks
BC Knighthawk w/Air2
Regulator MK17/G250v
SPG Uwatec
Compass FS-1
Computer Aladdin Prime
Tanks
Underwater Slate
Gloves Thermocline
Weight Belt
Weights
Dive Knife
Primary Dive Light Piranha 220
Secondary Dive Light
Marker Light
Safety Sausage / Mirror
Whistle
Dive Skin
Wetsuit
Hood
Dive Reel
Camera
Camera Strobe

SECONDARY ITEMS

Mask Cleaner / Defogger
BC Hanger
Tie Wrap for MouthPiece
Extra Mouthpiece
Extra Mask Strap
Extra Snorkel Strap
Extra Fin Straps
Extra Computer Battery
Extra Primary Light Batteries
Extra Secondary Light Batteries
Extra Marker Batteries
Extra Digital Camera Batteries
O Rings & Silicone
Zip Ties
Wetsuit Shampoo
BC Shampoo
Silicone Grease / Spray

Miscellaneous Items

Passport / Driver’s License
Diver / Nitrox Certification Card
D.A.N. Diver’s Insurance Card
Emergency Contact Information
Swim Suits (2)
Towels
Hat
Sunglasses
Dive Watch
Dry Bag or Dry Box
Sandals / Boat Shoes
Cell Phone
Cell Phone Charger

FIRST AID

Swim Ear
Advil / Aspirin / Tylenol
Motion sickness Med.
Rx for upset stomach
Rx for Diarrhea
RX for Teeth
Diovan
Lotion for sunburn
Band-Aids
Ointment / Bactine
Sunscreen
Bug Spray

I would make sure to include the tools you would need to do basic repairs, i.e. adjustable wrench, allen keys, pliers, screwdrivers, etc. Nothing quite so frustrating as remembering to bring an extra computer battery but not having the necessary tool to remove the cover...

that's too much...

I just do a visual "dressing" rehersal...
1. hood
2. both peaces of wet suit
3. socks, boots
4. gloves
5. mask
6. regulators, plate and wing
7. fins
8. weights
9. comp, camera and light if needed

And cylinders if not already onboard... Everything else is not really needed...

I am guessing you are going on a trip? So I would probably also include an extra mask if you have one. Had the glass in mine broken on a dive boat once on accident...luckily I had a spare.

Maybe a couple Chem-lites or glowsticks. Perfect for the night diver who forgot their main tank light or as you called it the marker light.

Might also recommend a pair of shears or scissors...dive knife (whether little BC knife or Huge "shark-killer") is great for most things but shears might be a little easier at times...I prefer it with heavy fishing line or cable.

Nice list though...very detailed...though most of this you don't have to worry about every dive...just get a dry box and keep all the tools and "Save-a-dive" stuff in it.

Let me give you mine:

Fins
Mask/extra mask
Shorty (maybe, maybe not, depending on water temp)
Regs/spg/computer
BC or Backplate/harness/Horsecollar (Depends on dive operator)
Adjustable wrench, allen wrench, tie wraps
Gatoraid

Tanks and weights rented.

Buy a good dive bag for traveling. Pack it. Memorize where you placed everything. Then always pack it the same way. It does away with lists.

Here is my list. It is a quick "did I forget anything" list. I use a wheeled bakers rack with everything on it and this list is laminated and attached to it. I wheel the rack out to the truck pack everything and do a visual check against the list. When I get home I do the reverse and rinse everything on the rack.

I keep a separate log that is a complete gear manifest with service date intervals. It includes a checklist for the save-a-dive kit, first aid kit, etc that I check every few months.

Attachments

• scubalist.pdf
    148.5 KB · Views: 84
If you are traveling, I'd add spare o-rings and an o-ring pick to the list -- nothing like having a dive ruined by a leaking hose connection and not being able to get a simple thing to fix it!

For local diving, I combine a bunch of your list into a save-a-dive kit, so I don't have to count those items separately.

Also for local diving, I have shelves where all the gear is (supposedly) organized, so that in theory, if I take everything off the shelves, then I have everything with me. (This only works if I'm not diving multiple days in a row -- otherwise, the gear hasn't made it back to the shelves yet, and I have to search).

In five years of diving, I have at some point forgotten almost anything that can be forgotten, so I now use a belt and suspenders system for both local and travel diving :)

You can simplify the list by categorization:
Gear I wear to dive,
Gear I need on the surface,
Spare parts and tool kit,
Travel documents,

Plus enough extra cash to buy anything I forgot...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom