Diving Checklist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Everyone,

From your thoughts it appears I have most of the dive equipment down. Now as far as the Save- a-Dive kit what spare parts do you suggest? I have already included extra batteries for lights, computers, and extra straps for fins, mask, zip ties and standard allen wrenchs, adjustable wrenches and screwdrivers.

Thanks Everyone,

From your thoughts it appears I have most of the dive equipment down. Now as far as the Save- a-Dive kit what spare parts do you suggest? I have already included extra batteries for lights, computers, and extra straps for fins, mask, zip ties and standard allen wrenchs, adjustable wrenches and screwdrivers.

As TS&M suggested, o-rings, and an o-ring pick of some sort.

With that list, you're probably pretty safe(when I got middle ways down I forgot what was @ the top).....IMO, go for it---odds are in your favor........

Don't you just love people that answer questions you didn't ask? I do(n't).

You put together a very comprehensive list that allows you to pick and choose what you may or may not need to bring on a dive trip based on the length, complexity, location, etc. I think the tools suggestion is a good add. I don't see anything on there except maybe any accessories that you might need for your camera. (e.g. spare batteries)

You might consider highlighting the bare necessities (i.e. things that would make or break any dive). That will probably get rid of all the "you don't need all that"ers.

I divide my gear up each in it's own bin ready to go or have the dive dependant extras added:

Pool: Shortie, bcd, reg (spg/depth gauge), mask, fins, snorkle, weightbelt
Ocean: Drysuit, bcd, reg (spg, depth gauge, compass), mask, fins, snorkle, gloves, hood, smb, whistle, wetnotes, shears, computer, rescue mask, bin of weights

Toolbox: o2 analyzer, tools, spare straps, o rings, silicone, clips, reel, slate, fish id charts, spare wetnotes, tables, spare compass, spare lp & hp hose, actually all smallish "dive stuff" stays in my toolbox all the time.

First Aid Kit: kept in my SUV all the time no matter what (2 kids, camping, active life, conscious makes me do it)

Bin of Extras to bring if needed: lights, masks, fins, hoods, gloves, towable flag, knife, spear, etc...

Generally I can just pick up and go diving anytime. Tanks are full. Throw in persoanl stuff and drysuit undergarments which is all in my closet.

You'll develop your own system and mental checklist. I keep streamlining the amount of stuff I take. Sunny day? Do I really need a light? Going somewhere fishermen are? take the knife too. It's a bother to take it all and have to wash it all when I get home.

In addition I carry bungee cord, Aquaseal, orings (variety of sizes), pick, silicon grease, snorkel keeper, mouth piece, bolt snaps, port plugs, spare hoses and extra BC dump valve .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom