Diving Camping Windy Point private this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The plan is in motion.

This will probably be my last post before Sunday.

Mike Sweeny is at windy point now, he has claimed the picnic tables and site for us to set up tent city.

Brian, Brandon and myself will be there around 6 PM to meet up and set up to dive with Mike. 4 so far Friday night.

John drops off DIMWIT flag around 7:30 PM and will fly proudly in the camping area between the shade trees.

Anyone else want to join us tonight, please call me at 512- 968-8278 so I can plan accordingly to watch out for you.

Saturday we have about 4 more TSD saying they will show up as early as 9 AM, and one more set of divers possibly be there Sunday.

There you go the last post before we dive safely in the warm waters of Lake Travis.

Have a great weekend swampers.

You mean Mike Sweeney of the Oakland Athletics??

You mean Mike Sweeney of the Oakland Athletics??

Alan are you taking your meds correctly? :rofl3: or are you taking them at all? :rofl3:

Alan are you confusing sports again, this is a scuba diving board for TSD.

To answer your question with more detail. I doubt it unless he lives somewhere around Kileen Texas. :rofl3:

I only know Mike from his DSAT deep diving tech class he is taking with a shop in Dallas and practicing tech skills at Windy Point. I actually ran into Mike Solo diving a couple months ago underwater while he was practicing his double tank valve isolation drill. And I believe he is an instructor for a dive shop North of me.

I probably have spelled his name wrong or gotton this whole story screwed up :rofl3:

I better get out of here and go diving. Clear my head. :rofl3:

Alan are you taking your meds correctly? :rofl3: or are you taking them at all? :rofl3:

Alan are you confusing sports again, this is a scuba diving board for TSD.

To answer your question with more detail. I doubt it unless he lives somewhere around Kileen Texas. :rofl3:

I only know Mike from his DSAT deep diving tech class he is taking with a shop in Dallas and practicing tech skills at Windy Point. I actually ran into Mike Solo diving a couple months ago underwater while he was practicing his double tank valve isolation drill. And I believe he is an instructor for a dive shop North of me.

I probably have spelled his name wrong or gotton this whole story screwed up :rofl3:

I better get out of here and go diving. Clear my head. :rofl3:

........Dang I forgot to take my Rx's today.....thanks for setting me straight on that!!!! :D:wink: PS--Have Mike give Chris M. a HI for me!

Shawn,

Thanks for hosting a fun time at Windy Point. It was great to see you and Brian again. As always, it was nice to meet some new people. (Brandon, Mike and Ian)

Donna

Thanks to Brandon, Brian and Brian, Ian, Farrah, Mike and John and Donna it was good to see all of you. The highlight for me were the people who showed up and we had great conversations topside. What a great group of divers to spend time with. This was the best part of my weekend and really made my weekend.

4 dives later On another note, Richard increased his prices 50% from last year. Viz was probably the worst I have seen it in a long time. Richard had 4 less porta potties placed around the campgrounds than last year. water temp was in the 80's in the first layer down to 70 degrees at 90 feet. Diving was dismal due to the really bad visibility. There was not a defined thermocline I could find that would break from a couple feet viz to 5- 10 foot viz. In a lot of places it was just plain milky (all silty) even on the night dive Friday.

I will be looking for more cost effective places to dive this summer if the viz stays this bad. I just can't see spending that kind of money for really poor visibility. Thank God I have many options open to me in this great state of Texas.

Last edited:
I noticed he had increased his entry fees... :( that and gas were a few factors that weighed in me not coming down this weekend....not to mention the vis reports.

BUT you can not put a price tag on meeting with good friends and sharing time together....Shawn you hit it on the head!!!!!! :)

ian! I have to laugh! LOL!
Getting kicked in the head by an OW student!
Now that's funny! I don't care who you are! That's funny!
Well maybe if you are the DM, that's not funny. Go figure.

While at CSSP yesterday diving with John and Ryan I did a couple of solo dives.....I don't know about the rest of you guys but there is little that scares me in the waters while diving.....but one thing does raise the hairs on my hooded neck and that is the sound of DPV's in the distance and the hum of them closing in for the kill....and of course this is low vis water conditions! :0

I didn't realize a Diver Kill Vehicle was in the water! :11: Go figure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom