Diving Camping Windy Point private this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When are you planning to get there and how long are you plannig to stay?

Mike
agdiver75

3 Day Weather Forecast: Gorgeous, clear blue skies, 10% chance of rain, 95-100 highs, low 75, perfect for camping. Water temps: 80 at surface, 70 at 45ft, 60+ at depth… perfect for diving.

I'll be at Windy Point camping and diving Friday evening till Sunday afternoon. Come join in on some fun diving and camp if you like. I’m bringing the wood, but more is always good. :D

Regards,

Brandon
Aka Zinc

Weekend Forecast for
Austin, TX (78746)

Weather for your life

Friday
May 30
Sunny High
95°F
Low
72°F
Precip: 10%
Wind: S
at 10 mph
UV Index: 10+ Extreme
Humidity: 47%
Sunrise: 6:30 AM
Sunset: 8:27 PM
Abundant sunshine. Highs in the mid 90s and lows in the low 70s.

Saturday
Sunny High
97°F
Low
75°F
at 7 mph
Humidity: 51%
Sunset: 8:28 PM
Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 90s and lows in the mid 70s.

Sunday 1
Sunny High
100°F
Low
75°F
at 7 mph
Humidity: 50%
Sunset: 8:29 PM
Sunshine. Highs 98 to 102F and lows in the mid 70s.

Zinc, Sounds like a good plan. All are welcome to join us. Let us know to look for you.

Camp Dive trip to Windy Point Private, always a good time.

r,

SO

PS: KValve if you show up, bring my whiskey bottle from our last trip.

I would be interested in meeting everyone out at windy point this weekend. I haven't been able to get in any dives for a couple of months, last time i was out at windy point the visibility was only about 4ft. I work on Saturday but would be very interested in meeting you all out there on Sunday morning.

I'll set up camp Friday afternoon and hang the DIMWIT flag :wink:

Please camp where you're comfortable and feel free to come add your spit to the campfire in the evening :humble:

The diving will be...

I would be interested in meeting everyone out at windy point this weekend. I haven't been able to get in any dives for a couple of months, last time i was out at windy point the visibility was only about 4ft. I work on Saturday but would be very interested in meeting you all out there on Sunday morning.

Vis will be better I'm sure; I think you'll enjoy it :D

Wish we could make it out to camp but we have company this weekend and our tent poles snapped during a windstorm last weekend.

We were there over Memorial Day weekend. Vis was 15 - 20 feet on Saturday dropping to 5-10 on Sunday. Was better below 40 feet than above on Sunday. The wind Saturday night really did a number on the water.

NickC go regardless of the vis. It is still better than staying dry.

scubashawn123 you know the bottle has to be empty as it is still better than staying dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom