diving cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jorandaz

New
Reaction score
Hey, I am planning to dive in Cabo San Lucas the first week in March...never been,does anyone know a good dive operatorand also how the water is at that time.....My husband and I are experienced divers....thanks jo

I did dives in Cabo with Manta Diving in 2004 and was very happy. I did a dive in December, 2005, with Lands End and was also very happy. Most of the operators are right in the harbor, have similar boats, and go to about the same sites. (In fact, its sort of amusing how many dive boats there will be.) One warning, the wetsuits the local operators provide will not be as warm as you might like. Several locals use 3 mm full suits covered with a 3 mm shorty. For December, I brought a 7 mm and was quite happy. If you are going to use a rental wetsuit, at least bring a hood.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

From what I can tell on this forum, Manta, Amigos del Mar & Underwater Diversions are good operations. I would not recommend Lands End and can highly recommend Amigos, both from personal experience.

I concur with Underwater Diversions. (I forgot that I had dived with them, too.)

What, however, didn't you (scubabum2) like about Land's End? (Just for future reference.)

Personal experience with Land's End wasn't bad, I dove with them in November. However, I liked my experience with Underwater Diversions best, as I have also dove with Baja dive and wasn't thrilled their either. The best DM and manager I have met are the boys that run Underwater Diversions. I'll be back the 3rd week of February, Cabo is a great place.

I had several issues with Lands End, which I noted in my trip report at http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=124629. Too many cruise ship divers, putting the inexperienced divers in the water after everyone had descended, coming in after every dive, trash talking another shop, etc. I dove with a shop, Amigos del Mar, earlier last year that had none of those issues that I enjoyed very much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom