Diving Bull Shoals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bl6394

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'll be down in Mountain View, Arkansas next weekend - and was thinking of diving Bull Shoals. Not going to rent a boat - so will need to find some shore diving options. I was looking to get a few deeper dives ( 130' - 150') while I was there. Reading online - it looks like there may be options near the Dam or Oakland Park.

Any other recommendations or advise?

Thanks,

Bjorn

A good spot that I have always liked is by the dam near a launch point for boats. If you take hwy 5 off of the dam you will go about a mile and the pull off will be on your right, and if you are coming from town on 5 the pull off is a mile before the dam on your left.

Ya I know you are not to dive in a boat launch but this time of year their is very little boat traffic so if you enter the water and get past the launch it gets deep with a rock wall that will get the depths you are looking for.

Thanks! I'll try it out.

Bjorn

Back
Top Bottom