Bull Shoals??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Love

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone gone diving in Bull Shoals lake before? I am possibly looking to go this weekend (if anyone wants to join, feel free), but was just wondering if it was worth going to? I read an article describing it as the "Carribean of the Midwest", however I cannot find much info on it. Any info is appreciated

I've done several dive trips to Bull Shoals lake. "Caribbean of the Midwest" must be a marketing idea, not even remotely Caribbean. However, it is about as good as it gets in the Midwest and I will probably go again. I was there this October. The water was warm enough people were diving in wetsuits, but I was diving dry with relatively light undergarments. Most of what there is to see is underwater forests, and rock formations, limited fish and such. Visibility might be poorer now, I've heard the lake "turns" in the fall stirring things up.

Unfortunately, I have not made it to Bull Shoals yet but plan to remedy that next year. There is a group that spearfishes there regularly, and from all that I have read or heard the vis is usually pretty decent.

I would love to hear what you think of it.

DW

I've done several dive trips to Bull Shoals lake. "Caribbean of the Midwest" must be a marketing idea, not even remotely Caribbean. However, it is about as good as it gets in the Midwest and I will probably go again. I was there this October. The water was warm enough people were diving in wetsuits, but I was diving dry with relatively light undergarments. Most of what there is to see is underwater forests, and rock formations, limited fish and such. Visibility might be poorer now, I've heard the lake "turns" in the fall stirring things up.
I don't think any of the lakes have turned yet, but I could be wrong. Seems a little early.

DW

Bull Shoals is a world class bass fishery with MLF fishing tournaments every year...I had no idea it was a scuba destination.

Bull Shoals is a world class bass fishery with MLF fishing tournaments every year...I had no idea it was a scuba destination.
There was a fishing tournament going on the weekend I dove there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom