Diving boynton beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rappy78

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey next weekend I am doing my first ocean dive in Boynton beach. Im really excited because all i have doen so far is spring dives and those get old quick. I was wonderin how nice of a place this is to dive and what the average depths are. I was told by my LDS that this was an easyer place to dive then westpalm because the currents are not as bad. Im not sure. But i would really like some feedback on this area. thanx

I'm sure others will be along soon to also give input....
the Boynton area is one of my favorite areas to dive in South Florida. You'll most likely encounter reefs with up to a 15 foot ledge, with lots of holes and crevices to peek in--often, turtles will hole up onder them for a rest--I find a small light is always handy.
Obviously, be prepared for current--can be almost non-exisistant to pretty kicking--if it's really moving, there's no point in fighting it; just stay on the reef and let it move you.
The dive boats differ in how they work, but either they will:
-have everyone in as a group, with a DM leading with the float ball. This way, just keep him/her in sight and stay with them--they will also be able to spot hidden critters that you may not. Or
-Have buddy groups go in with their own float ball. You and your buddy will carry your own ball, which, if the current is going, can get a little tiring/annoying. It will pull you along faster than your buddy, so, whoever is not carrying the ball should stay with the person who is. The boat will come pick up each group as they surface.

The dives are generally between 55-75 feet or so, so you do need to keep an eye on your bottom times.

Otherwise, have loads of fun and see lots of good stuff!

What boat are you going out on? I reccomend either Splashdown Divers or the Loggerhead. They are the friendliest boats in the entire state. We will be doing Splashdown Divers tomorrow... going to be FUN, FUN, FUN!

Thanx for the info guys. Im not sure what boat im going on yet ill find out soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom