Diving Blue Hole NM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Nelson

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been able to find very little info on diving the blue hole in new mexico. I'm planning on heading that way on my move from tucson to Colorado so it's not out of the way. I read that the water is a constant 67 degrees. The weather next week looks like possible snow. I have plenty of cold water experience so that's not an issue, but does it close during in climate weather?

Anyone have any beta on this dive?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's cold, it's dark, and there's nothing to see except the bare rock walls and the training platforms suspended in the water.
I think someone also released a couple of goldfish too, but they've probably died of boredom by now.

You can dive it in a snow storm. If you are going to dive in the dark, you need to call the local sheriff or they will lock the gate. (Ask me how I know) Water temp is 61 or 63, depending on your computer. Still just rock walls to look at. The fish haven't died from boredom, yet.
Weekends are pretty busy with divers from Texas and Colo. 82' deep.

The Blue Hole is a city park, open year round. The on site fill station typically runs weekends only. 63 degrees year round, bottom is 83'.
The Hole is bell shaped so wider at the bottom which gives it a cavernous feel, you will often be diving with rocks overhead. It is a unique dive site, definitely worth diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom