Diving at the Georgia Aquarium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its so darned expensive, that its fully booked for the year. You have to remember, 290 bucks is cheaper than a trip to Holbox and much more convenient.

Great pics Carolyn.

I understand about the expedition price. But I guess, for me, it was the entire experience of being with them every day. It was more than just swimming with them, it was the diving with a purpose that made it fullfilling for me. It was also amazing to just be beside them in their natural setting. Most would allow us to hang with them for awhile a long as we kept a few feet away.

Hopefully, these new sharks will fair better and that the added stimulation/harrassment will not cause them any harm. We can only wait and see. BTW, many species of shark do not fair well in an aquarium setting and tend to die if they are not released back into the wild.

Carolyn:sharks:

Sharks and rays in the exhibit:
Blacktip reef shark
Bowmouth guitarfish
Great hammerhead shark
Largetooth sawfish
Leopard whipray
Tasseled wobbegong
Zebra shark

YEP! Good stuff! If the aquarium wasn't so far of a drive for me then I would be a volunteer diver for them. But again, it was fun diving with sharks in the wild.

YEP! Good stuff! If the aquarium wasn't so far of a drive for me then I would be a volunteer diver for them. But again, it was fun diving with sharks in the wild.

I dive with the South Carolina Aquarium in Charleston and if you have your Adv. cert, some Dan insurance, and a little time, I'm sure they would love to have another volunteer diver. For the record my kids went to the Georgia Aquarium and they said It was nice with a lot of colorful fish but they would much rather come to the one here...:D

I dive with the South Carolina Aquarium in Charleston and if you have your Adv. cert, some Dan insurance, and a little time, I'm sure they would love to have another volunteer diver. For the record my kids went to the Georgia Aquarium and they said It was nice with a lot of colorful fish but they would much rather come to the one here...:D

I had gone up there and did the orientation. However, it is almost a 3hr drive and with gas the way it is, I cannot commit to the number of days that they would need me. I work 2 jobs and once I did the numbers, the only diving I would be able to do is in the aquarium vs anywhere else! For now it isn't feasible.

For those that are close to any aquarium, they always need volunteers. It's a great thing to get into and use your diving skills for!

WHOA!!! That has got to be one of the most expensive single dives... ever!

You don't want to know then what my single technical dive on the Oriskany cost me. :14: (tanks, gas, charter, car rental, airfare, crew tips, etc.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom