Diving at Lake Amistad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
While along the Texas-Mexico border this past weekend, I toured Lake Amistad which boasts incredibly clear water.

Has anyone been diving in this lake?

I also dove it a few years ago with the Austin Scuba Club (R.I.P.), but was unimpressed. There are a few dive reports in these threads, and those folks seemed underwhelmed as well. However, none of those are recent, as I recall. More recently, the increased water level has meant a return of fish in great numbers in the last year. Now you're reporting that the water was clear -- I guess from the shore? Hmmm, may warrant a trip down there this summer.

WaterWayne:
I also dove it a few years ago with the Austin Scuba Club (R.I.P.), but was unimpressed. There are a few dive reports in these threads, and those folks seemed underwhelmed as well. However, none of those are recent, as I recall. More recently, the increased water level has meant a return of fish in great numbers in the last year. Now you're reporting that the water was clear -- I guess from the shore? Hmmm, may warrant a trip down there this summer.

I don't know if the water is clear or not, actually. The hotel that I stayed in had a brochure about the lake which boasted its clear water.

I drove around the lake but I didn't get close enough to see the vis for myself.

Back
Top Bottom