Diving at CSSP during winter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So the camouflage helps with cold endurance? :D

Speaking as a Central Texan :eyebrow:

It is rare to get snow or ice below....say Waco. If I recall, Lake Travis, the official diving mecca of our area, had a surface temp in the high 50s last winter, and that was a mild one. I've heard stories of surface temps in the 40s.

I'd say these folks are telling you the truth about what to wear.

As far as the Camouflage Gloves .... They don't keep me any warmer it just feels that way. If my hands go numb and I can't see them then I never know that they are even there. Out of sight, out of mind.

If your hands go numb though, how can you use them as an "advance warning mud bank detection system"? I know where you dive. Often you don't know you've hit a mud bank until your regulator is buried 6 inches in.

If your hands go numb though, how can you use them as an "advance warning mud bank detection system"? I know where you dive. Often you don't know you've hit a mud bank until your regulator is buried 6 inches in.

Good point Richerso... Being 6 inches into the mud is usually not much different then much of the rest of the dive so I don't notice it. In addition to being numb and invisible everything just gets really still and quiet at about 1 1/2 feet into the mud.

Back
Top Bottom