Diving at Congamond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelp68

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone ever dive or know of diving in the Congamond Lakes? Any experiences or information would be helpful. Thanks.

Michael

Why would you want to? So many motor boats... water is yucky there...

My father bought a new boat which he is keeping there....

I went up and checked it out yesterday. I saw tons of boats and murky water.

Definitely not as nice as your lake.

Michael

which lakes are good for diving then? depth, temp, and vis would help also...

michaelp68:
Anyone ever dive or know of diving in the Congamond Lakes? Any experiences or information would be helpful. Thanks.

Michael
I have never dove Congamond, but I know a few folks who have.....and regretted it. From what I understand its not much more than a zero vis mud dive. Your best bet for freshwater dives around here is the Ct river. As long as there hasn't been alot of rain up north the conditions can be pretty good. I was in the river Sunday in Hatfield, and while the vis was a bit poor, you can't beat the 76 degree water temps. Besides, the bass there are very friendly and like to be fed by divers!

keelhaul123:
I have never dove Congamond, but I know a few folks who have.....and regretted it. From what I understand its not much more than a zero vis mud dive. Your best bet for freshwater dives around here is the Ct river. As long as there hasn't been alot of rain up north the conditions can be pretty good. I was in the river Sunday in Hatfield, and while the vis was a bit poor, you can't beat the 76 degree water temps. Besides, the bass there are very friendly and like to be fed by divers!

From looking at the water in Congamond, I figured it'd be a zero vis mud dive, but I also figured I'd ask anyway and maybe hear something unexpected. Thanks.

I never dove Congamond when I lived up your way but I used to camp at Otis Reservoir and did some diving there. Wasn't bad if you stayed in some of the coves protected from boat traffic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom