diving Argon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfproul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A 6cu/ft tank will last how many dives in normal
condition and use ? anyone can help ?

thanks

jf

jfproul:
A 6cu/ft tank will last how many dives in normal
condition and use ? anyone can help ?

thanks

jf

It is dependent upon depth and how much gas you use in your drysuit. I can get about 3-4 deep dives (150ft) or so out of a full 6 cft bottle, sometimes less if it's really cold. Shallower dives use less gas.

PaulChristenson:
Before you head down the argon road...you might wan to read this...
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/divers3/Argon.pdf

Unfortunately, unless I missed it (entirely possible), that article doesn't specify what the divers were breathing. If you are diving a separate inflation bottle anyhow, which you need to if using helium, you might as well fill it with the best gas for the job, even if it is only mildly more beneficial.

For nitrox or air diving, forget the separte inflation bottle altogether and just use backgas.

You generally dont use a log of argon on the dive part. However, you should flush your suit several times before the dive to get the air out and the argon in. Pretend you go on a dive without flushing. Your just adding little bits of argon on top of all that air to avoid squeeze, thats not really gonna be as effective as if you have almost all argon in your suit.

Yah I know all this but I was just wondering what size of tank
i should get ...i don't want to go to LDS everytime i want to go diving
for argon filling ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom